Title of the document

Master BR Bed

Kev

47 minutes ago, Kev said:

Interesting twisted and it would look cool!  Wenge is currently about $20.00 per BF so, it's pretty cost prohibitive.  Additionally, getting 8/4 for the legs and 6/4 for the top would also require a special order as well as a jump in price.

Just for perspective..  The panels on the bed were a bit over $400.

I did buy some extra to account for drawer fronts on the nightstands though...lol. 

I haven't started the designs for the nightstands yet but, I do have a few bits on hand thinking they'll be used.  I have the AM 6/4 for the tops and the plug ins that get mounted in the tops like I did in the desk.

Maybe a good chance to dabble in a veneer project!  Haven’t really done that in a video yet.

1 minute ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Maybe a good chance to dabble in a veneer project!  Haven’t really done that in a video yet.

lol..  Almost like you knew I'd picked up a pump and bag...

There are some veneer projects coming up but, I'm not sure the nightstands will be the test drive of that stuff..  I do have another bedroom to do..

I would think a design similar to the desk drawers would fit well with the bed design.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

8 minutes ago, Chet said:

I would think a design similar to the desk drawers would fit well with the bed design.

Probably the direction I'll go..  I'll probably start some renderings next week.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Kev, good video as usual, have a question.  On the top rails, did you do a stopped groove on the curved piece?  In the video it looked like a through groove.  Was the loose tenon used to basically seal up the groove (if that makes sense)?

Was not a stopped groove.  Loose tenon certainly sealed it up but, it all still gets attached to the legs as well so will never be seen.

2 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Thanks, didn’t think about leg attachment. Guess I could have answered my own question when part 2 comes out.😳

No worries, I enjoy the conversation!

• 2 weeks later...

Second (and last) video for the bed build is up!  Huge thanks to the members of this group that engaged in the conversations around this build!  You guys effected a lot of my decisions along the way!

• Like 2