Title of the document

Master BR Bed

Kev

51 minutes ago, Chet said:

Not to rush ahead on this project but are there going t one matching nightstands in the future?

There will be nightstands to go with this set, yes.  I haven't designed them yet though...lol

2 hours ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

You could use the design from the file cabinet bases from the desk

I'm sure they will be something along those lines..  I just have to get to designing!

After a super long day in the shop today, I made pretty good progress!  The FB is ready for some sanding and attaching to the legs.  The HB is at the same stage minus the panels because I couldn't get enough Wenge locally.  I'm 2 panels short for the HB and the Wenge won't be in until next week.  Time to work on the legs and rails..

I'm looking forward to seeing this with finish!  The panels are floating for the record, no glue on them.

IMG_1215.thumb.jpeg.0e43b2f05c16c16335ce18728df08fcf.jpeg

• Like 3

I don't think I have ever seen sapwood on wenge but it looks good off center.  I think if it had ended up in the center it would have looked to intentional.

Do I see a chamfer detail on the stiles?

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

28 minutes ago, Chet said:

I don't think I have ever seen sapwood on wenge but it looks good off center.  I think if it had ended up in the center it would have looked to intentional.

Do I see a chamfer detail on the stiles?

Yes, they all got a 1/8" round over at my wife's request..  I didn't want them but, she did..

6 hours ago, Kev said:

Yes, they all got a 1/8" round over at my wife's request..  I didn't want them but, she did..

I think it is a nice touch.

• Thanks 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

9 hours ago, Kev said:

An 1/8” round over is not much more than a couple of passes with a sanding block. I don’t like a sharp edge where exposed to contact. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pkinneb said:

I love the way Wenge looks but dang those slivers hurt

I'll second that.  They're small and they're many.

7 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Looks great Kev! I love the way Wenge looks but dang those slivers hurt LOL

5 hours ago, Chet said:

I'll second that.  They're small and they're many.

I don't normally wear cloves in the shop but, I did when milling the Wenge..  I sanded the panels to 180 before installing them.  Once the Wenge is sanded and has some finish on it, it's fine.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coop said:

Is the pic a dry fit and if so, will you be pre-finishing the panels? 

It's glued up but, I probably should have prefinished the panels.  They are a pretty snug fit.

I'll be home late tomorrow night..  Hopefully picking up Wenge for the bed Friday morning..  Provided I get the needed Wenge, I'd like to have the headboard put together for the bed by the end of the weekend..

• Like 2