Title of the document

Wood source

Richarda

1 minute ago, Spanky said:

Kev, I was shipping around 35 bdft of 9/4 tiger hard maple to Bmac for around $150 to $160 to Delaware, under 7 ft long and under 150 lbs. with UPS.

I'm so stinking close that I'm thinking of renting a trailer, meeting you 1/2 way, and hauling a grand or 2 worth of material..  I'd rather not pay for shipping when I'm this close.

2 minutes ago, Kev said:

How long to do the kiln dry?  I'm figuring to be here until at least the end of the month..

I hope to load the kiln Sunday and it will take around 12 days for 4/4 or around 24 days for 8/4. You can dry it faster but it will junk the lumber.

1 minute ago, Spanky said:

I hope to load the kiln Sunday and it will take around 12 days for 4/4 or around 24 days for 8/4. You can dry it faster but it will junk the lumber.

Yea, I don't want junk..  Drop me a PM and let's do some serious chat..  Being this close, I really think I want to haul a good load home..  Quilted maple, Cherry, Walnut, etc..  I'd like to stay under 2k so, let's talk turkey

2 minutes ago, Spanky said:

If I had a few months heads up, I could cut you some great lumber. Tiger Soft Ambrosia Maple, Butternut, Tiger Hard Maple, Sassafras maybe alittle Curly White Oak.

Unfortunately, that much time is something I don't have but, let's see what we can work out..

I’ve been busting butt all day long around here doing honey does and cleaning up the Suburban to get ready for a trade in and forgot to call. As usual, I guess I’ll get the culls. ?

Kev, do yourself a favor and do the math on the shipping, you might be surprised. Another option would be to fly into Nashville and rent something to get you back to MT. It’s beautiful country around there and a greet and meet with Rickey and his wife and see his facilities is a pleasure. You could probably arrange for a hook up with several of the members in his area while there as my wife and I did. I’m sure they would welcome you with open arms. Just don’t ask Rickey to join you at the Chinese buffet. Side story! 

9 minutes ago, Coop said:

I’ve been busting butt all day long around here doing honey does and cleaning up the Suburban to get ready for a trade in and forgot to call. As usual, I guess I’ll get the culls. ?

Kev, do yourself a favor and do the math on the shipping, you might be surprised, especially via motor freight carriers other than UPS. . Another option would be to fly into Nashville and rent something to get you back to MT. It’s beautiful country around there and a greet and meet with Rickey and his wife and see his facilities is a pleasure. You could probably arrange for a hook up with several of the members in his area while there as my wife and I did. I’m sure they would welcome you with open arms. Just don’t ask Rickey to join you at the Chinese buffet. Side story! 

7 hours ago, Coop said:

Kev, do yourself a favor and do the math on the shipping, you might be surprised. Another option would be to fly into Nashville and rent something to get you back to MT. It’s beautiful country around there and a greet and meet with Rickey and his wife and see his facilities is a pleasure. You could probably arrange for a hook up with several of the members in his area while there as my wife and I did. I’m sure they would welcome you with open arms. Just don’t ask Rickey to join you at the Chinese buffet. Side story! 

I had to drive this trip Coop..  So, I have my truck here..

I'll give him a shout later today when things slow down at work and see what we can do..

7 hours ago, Coop said:

That's Coop saying he fell asleep on the couch! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Well Coop, you are out of luck on the walnut. Ole Kev, ain’t no rookie! 

I will be loading the kiln in the morning. So Coop, start gathering  up your egg money.

Just spoke with Coop..  Looks like I'll be hauling some for him as well..  He better get those hens cranking!

Well, in all fairness, I've had the benefit of seeing lots of pictures!.

I'm not looking forward to the drive to get it but, I'm sure I'll feel better once it's in the truck!

1 minute ago, Coop said:

So, you sold me out to the guy with the big bucks huh? ?

You're joking right?  If I had your money, I'd burn mine to stay warm!

5 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

This will be some well traveled lumber, hopefully the extra 1,000 miles on the expense report doesn't cause to much of an issue!  :classic_ninja:

That would be my wife's expense report...lol. Can't charge the company for this one..

The really cool part is that the guy I'm working with lives near Coop and agreed to haul him some lumber!  Pretty damn good of him to do!