Title of the document

Wood source

Richarda

Here in Middle Tennessee there are a number of places to buy lumber.  From sawyers, lumber yards and of course, the big box stores.  But for furniture grade lumber, I go to Spanky. He's located not to far from me in Rock Island, Tennessee  He's not only a sawyer, but does his own kiln drying.  And he loves to talk with woodworkers.  I'll update when I get his permission to add his email and/or phone number.

• Thanks 2

Rickey, I hate to kick an old mountain boys when times are tough but, what are the chances of getting some of that cheap walnut, maple and cherry lumber sent to Texas? It will have to go straight thru as if it stops over in Louisiana, I will have to quarantine it for 2 weeks. ?

Well, the tiger hard maple and cherry ready for the kiln. But, I don’t have any good walnut. The maple cut all 4/4, the cherry cut 4/4 and  9/4. I have some good tiger soft maple that can go in the kiln too 4/4. I need to get all that free $1,200.00 that you got. ? It would help a poor ole mtn boy out  alittle. If you got more than $1,200 to spend I could come up with alittle curly white oak lumber too. Just so you know! ?

I have a load in the kiln that’s ready to come out. Just waiting on shipping Bmac curly white oak lumber to him that’s in the kiln now. 

Is that log soft or hard? I’ve checked on the check and they can’t seem to find it and the youngun’s are needing new shoes so be gentle on the price. Also my uncle AAA is hurting for business and won’t cut me no slack. Got any pics of the cherry? 

8 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Would you give 0.35 bdft for the tiger hard maple and 0.25 bdft for the cherry?  You have my phone number.

I sincerely hope that's not a kiln dried price?  If it is, I'll buy it all....lol

• Haha 1

If the shipping didn’t cost so much, I could ship alot of lumber. I will tell you guy what I paid for that tiger hard maple log in the pic 0.80 per ft on the doyle log ruler it had 271 ft. I could have got three tiger hard maple logs that day for 0.80 per ft. I just got the best one. I don’t try to sell much woodworker’s lumber anymore.

2 minutes ago, Spanky said:

If the shipping didn’t cost so much, I could ship alot of lumber. I will tell you guy what I paid for that tiger hard maple log in the pic 0.80 per ft on the doyle log ruler it had 271 ft. I could have got three tiger hard maple logs that day for 0.80 per ft. I just got the best one. I don’t try to sell much woodworker’s lumber anymore.

I just might be willing to cover the cost of your trip to make a delivery to MT..

Or, since I'm currently in OK, I might just have to buy a truck load and meet you someplace...lol

Kev, at 271 ft on the doyle log ruler, I should cut out around 325 bdft of lumber out of that log. My wife like’s black walnut and tiger hard maple table’s. She wanting a few things made with it.

I will tell you the tiger hard maple rocker that Bmac made, he paid $6.50 bdft for the lumber plus shipping cost. I like ole Bmac...?

10 minutes ago, Jamie said:

You mentioned pallets and flooring.....is that where most of your material goes? Do you dry it as well?

That’s where the money at. No, I don’t kiln dried that. The money not in woodworker’s lumber. Most woodworker’s just want to buy 20 to 50 bdft and they are good for a year. I cut log’s most of the time 6 days a week. I can’t sell all that lumber to the woodworker’s that I can cut.

Edited by Spanky
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Kev, around 6 miles outside of McMinnville, Tn. But, I don’t have the Cherry or Tiger Hard Maple log kiln dried.

How long to do the kiln dry?  I'm figuring to be here until at least the end of the month..