Title of the document

Wood source

Richarda

44 minutes ago, Kev said:

That would be my wife's expense report...lol. Can't charge the company for this one..

The really cool part is that the guy I'm working with lives near Coop and agreed to haul him some lumber!  Pretty damn good of him to do!

wait does that mean he'd be going through Dallas? lol 

Some amazing looking walnut there ... one day my skills will be good enough to do something like that justice 

Well, I have some bad news. Loaded the kiln up this morning and I have a water pump going to the kiln that want run. So no hot water going to the kiln. I have ordered two new pumps today, but they are coming out of New York. I should get them by Monday.

Just now, Spanky said:

Well, I have some bad news. Loaded the kiln up this morning and I have a water pump going to the kiln that want run. So no hot water going to the kiln. I have ordered two new pumps today, but they are coming out of New York. I should get them by Monday.

Our timing isn’t set yet anyway so, fingers crossed 

It’s hard to run up on a good curly white oak and a good curly walnut. Some tree’s will have alittle far a foot or two on one side. But the good one’s are curly the whole log and are curly to the heart of the log. They are super hard to find. 

8 hours ago, Jamie said:

That is crazy white oak! I have built quite a bit out of white oak and have never seen a board like that. How often do you run across wood that figured?

I come up with around 100 to 200 bdft of the curly white oak lumber a year, like that. That whole log was as good as the first board. I have a guy here that will buy all the curly lumber that I will let him have. He got 75 bdft of the curly white oak lumber.

Yes Coop, if the bark off a log you can read it like reading a newpaper for curls or tiger wood. If the bark on the log you can’t see any tiger wood forsure. If a tree super curly and the bark on it and if you know what you are looking at, you can tell if it’s curly.