Title of the document

Review of Harvey MG-36 Miter Gauge compared to Incra 1000HD

pkinneb

I still have not received mine and wouldn’t otherwise be concerned if you two hadn’t already received yours. And as I haven’t even received a confirmation of the order, it makes me wonder if I hit submit? I emailed them asking and hope to hear from them tomorrow. I’ve never failed to do that in the past.?

1 minute ago, Coop said:

I still have not received mine and wouldn’t otherwise be concerned if you two hadn’t already received yours. And as I haven’t even received a confirmation of the order, it makes me wonder if I hit submit? I emailed them asking and hope to hear from them tomorrow. I’ve never failed to do that in the past.?

Between the holidays and Sunday, it wouldn't surprise me if yours hasn't moved much..  I think @Chet and I were pretty quick on the trigger.  You hesitated and it shows.. ?

Now ours are in our shops collecting dust as we read your note getting just as much use as yours ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Coop said:

The same as you, Wednesday, 12-23. 

I’m sure it is operator error, my part. 

I actually ordered mine a little earlier..  

I saw his post in BW's thread and ordered it then.  I was really itching to check out some Harvey stuff.

• Like 1

I ordered at 4:30 PM on the 23rd, received notice of my order at 4:33 PM.  Then I received a notice at 8:57 AM the next morning that it had shipped.  I received a notice at 6:00 on the 26th that it was out for delivery.  At 7:00 it was on my porch when I went out to get the paper and at 9:00 AM I received a notice of its delivery but I knew that by then.

Coop, did you go online and check you banking accounts to see if you had been charged, they usually don't charge your card until it has been shipped.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

1 hour ago, Tmize said:

Aren’t they the same company that bought bridge city tools?

Yes, I think you are correct.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

To add to this and if I remember correctly, BCT as part of the sale provided Harvey with an easier way of entry to the US market. But the level of quality needed to be maintained or BCT could undo the acquisition. This was really important to John Ecconomaki who founded BCT. Based on this miter gauge and the looks of the offerings from Harvey that level of quality is being met. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

To add to this and if I remember correctly, BCT as part of the sale provided Harvey with an easier way of entry to the US market. But the level of quality needed to be maintained or BCT could undo the acquisition. This was really important to John Ecconomaki who founded BCT. Based on this miter gauge and the looks of the offerings from Harvey that level of quality is being met. 

I would completely agree!

7 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Coop was so worried his Jedi computer skills messed up his purchase he wasn’t focused on your hard work filming the unboxing, set up and review. 

Ok, that's a firs!  Coop and Jedi computer skills in the same sentence!  You should get a bonus for that!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Coop said:

The packaging itself impresses me!

1 hour ago, Kev said:

Definitely!

I kind of like getting a shop tool from Tiffany's except the box is brown instead of baby blue.

I set mine up today and as nice as Incra's is, this one is definitely a cut above.

• Like 3