Title of the document

Review of Harvey MG-36 Miter Gauge compared to Incra 1000HD

pkinneb

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks just wanted to follow up on this one. As stated in my first post I was mistakenly sent the metric version of the miter gauge and as of today nearly a month later it has still not been corrected. I am using the gauge and my review still stands but thought all should know the customer services has hit a bit of a road bump at least for me.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Hey folks just wanted to follow up on this one. As stated in my first post I was mistakenly sent the metric version of the miter gauge and as of today nearly a month later it has still not been corrected. I am using the gauge and my review still stands but thought all should know the customer services has hit a bit of a road bump at least for me.

I saw another post yesterday with people having issue with Felder CS as well.  I just wonder how much of it is Covid related?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kev said:

I just wonder how much of it is Covid related?

I think that has a lot to do with it.  If they are in a area where things are limited as to what percent of your work force can be there at any given time, things are bound to go slow.

Patience is definitely a virtue these days.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

Just to close the loop on this I received an email from Harvey late last evening and they apologized profusely. They said they had been "swamped from the holiday and playing catch up" the replacement parts are in the mail and they provided tracking info. So all is good.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 7:39 PM, Coop said:

Nice! Now to find you some 1/4x20 square nuts and grind them down to fit the slots for your sacrificial zci fence. 

I went with M6 hex nuts and metric button screws worked well and no grinding, cost me almost $6 though ?

Having said that I agree they should include the square nuts referenced in the owners manual.

18.jpg.5355cd9941525d42bf5ab8113c870e84.jpg

19.jpg.7064fb25e566372e7d5559149a41081a.jpg

20.jpg.a7ded947ba2794186cb355e3aebeaa6e.jpg

21.jpg.469975301266c939aabb596f6f0c5c1c.jpg

There we go ?

22.jpg.d4134b4d16d041f0cb64e9707b908c73.jpg

Since I had to set up stops on the DP I batched out 5 so I should be good for a long time LOL

23.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for posting..  I'll try and do a follow up video after I get home as there seems to be enough difficulty with this.

I ordered some parts on Amazon this morning..  So, we'll see how they work out soon!

I like the idea of making a bunch of them!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pkinneb said:

I went with M6 hex nuts and metric button screws worked well and no grinding, cost me almost $6 though ?

Even though I already ground some down, I think I will go pick some of these up.  The ground nuts are working it just feels like a cheesy setup.

I am curious Kev, what did you decide to order.

I have to add,  I have been using this quit a bit lately and I am really happy with this purchase.  Thanks Paul.?

• Haha 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

1 hour ago, Chet said:

Even though I already ground some down, I think I will go pick some of these up.  The ground nuts are working it just feels like a cheesy setup.

I am curious Kev, what did you decide to order.

I have to add,  I have been using this quit a bit lately and I am really happy with this purchase.  Thanks Paul.?

+1

I went with the M-6 Hex and M6 X 16 machine screws, works perfectly.  After Paul posted I was looking at the manual again and it said M-6.  I just zoned in on the part in parentheses that said 1/4 X 20. Doh!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chet said:

I went with the M-6 Hex and M6 X 16 machine screws, works perfectly.  After Paul posted I was looking at the manual again and it said M-6.  I just zoned in on the part in parentheses that said 1/4 X 20. Doh!

lol..  Now I gotta look through what I ordered and see if that was on the list....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

so easy to dial it in exactly where you want it.

That right there makes it worth the change.

• Like 2