Title of the document

Incra Miter Guage question ...

Bushwacked

So I am thinking of picking one of these up for an upcoming project and just in general ... However, I am curious, would the telescoping option from them be better than the normal, sized ones? Like the 1000X series?

Not sure how sturdy that arm is if I am pushing something lets say 35-40" long and maybe like 6/4 so kinda heavy ... The below is the 3000X series with this feature 

51INzKkiAVL._AC_.jpg

I have the one you pictured and also the 5000 sled and like Kev said they both are rock solid when extended out.  The miter gauge I don't recall the longest piece I cut with it but I just erescently did some stuff at 54 inches.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

22 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

I have the 1000HD and with an attached sacrificial MDF fence, it works well. and plenty solid. Having said that I actually just picked up a Harvey MG-36 on sale so the 1000HD may be for sale after the first of the year ?

IMG_6775.jpg.483939f72c5e49e77a384ceb3c8f86e8.jpg

Ok....  I'm really looking forward to a review on this!  I'm (sort of) in the market for a second one in the shop.  I like my Incra but, am also intrigued by Harvey!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kev said:

Ok....  I'm really looking forward to a review on this!  I'm (sort of) in the market for a second one in the shop.  I like my Incra but, am also intrigued by Harvey!

Will do I'm of starting Wednesday through the 4th so should get some shop time ? 

1 hour ago, Kev said:

I just went and had a look..  They don't give that bad boy away!

LOL I know but $279 on sale was only $80 more than the Incra ? 

I am tired of the plastic knurl nuts on the Incra and I never use all the graduations either. If this one meets my needs it will be worth it if not It will go back ?

More to come.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pkinneb said:

I have the 1000HD and with an attached sacrificial MDF fence, it works well. and plenty solid. Having said that I actually just picked up a Harvey MG-36 on sale so the 1000HD may be for sale after the first of the year ?

IMG_6775.jpg.483939f72c5e49e77a384ceb3c8f86e8.jpg

Uh oh, I thought I had almost all the tools I needed, but after looking at this I might have an Incra for sale too. 

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

15 minutes ago, Chet said:

Uh oh, I thought I had almost all the tools I needed, but after looking at this I might have an Incra for sale too. 

I've been looking for a second one but, this might be the first one!

I did notice over on the WW FB page that a member over there had one for sale - $200 I think it was which is a good price!