Title of the document

Ground breaking for Ray's shop

Kev

48 sheets of drywall delivered today. 22 sheets of 1/2" being delivered Monday.  Was supposed to be today but someone messed up.  Putting up dividing wall between shop and craft room tomorrow.  Ceiling goes up Monday.  Insulation in as soon as ceiling is done. Things are looking up. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ray Martin said:

Garage door Installation tomorrow, insulation on the 1st of November then mini splits on the 6th. Oh, when Kevin returns hopefully plywood rest of the drywall for the craft room . Didn't want Kevin to feel left out lol.

Hmm...  Maybe I need to look into getting extended here...  😉

• Haha 2

@Kevpretty chilly in the morning still. After the 6th should be great. Will have heat and insulation in. Should be nice and cozy for mud and taping when you get back. Lol. Unless you requested that extension.  Will have some of the mud done by the time you return.  Hurry home bud, that's when the real work starts. 😆 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ray Martin said:

@Kevpretty chilly in the morning still. After the 6th should be great. Will have heat and insulation in. Should be nice and cozy for mud and taping when you get back. Lol. Unless you requested that extension.  Will have some of the mud done by the time you return.  Hurry home bud, that's when the real work starts. 😆 

2 weeks...  Trust me, I'm counting the days.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ray Martin said:

@pkinnebbarley. 4 inches on the ground now

Wow! We're are looking at our first snow of the season Saturday here in central MN

So the Mr Cools are heat pumps too, correct? One of my fell Windsor chair group guys was asking me about shop heat and I told him that's what I see most folks going with but I have no personal experience with them.

Edited by pkinneb

46 minutes ago, Ray Martin said:

@pkinnebI did a bit of research before we decided.  Mr Cool didn't have good reviews. Mitsubishi and Daikin had the best. Went with the Daikin as they were 4K cheaper. Also Kevin has had his Daikin for at least 5 years with no issues.

Thanks I’ll let him know. They do heat and cool correct? 

Well as you know from previous posts, insulation was supposed to happen this past Wednesday.  That did not happen as the crew called in on that day and yesterday as well. Remember in my earlier posts I mentioned it was hunting season?  Anyway,  they showed up this morning.  They will be installing the baffles in the attic and finishing the walls today.  Will contact the scheduler later to find out when they will do the blow in for the attic. Surely appreciate their effort to get the walls completed today so my HVAC people can get heat into the shop on Monday. Progress continues.

• Like 2