Title of the document

Ground breaking for Ray's shop

Kev

Well I finished the electrical today. Used more ROMEX then I thought I would.  So far750'.  Still have the dividing wall for craft room / shop to do.  Already dropped the wire for that as you may be able to see in the pictures.  Have a call into the electrician for connection to the main panel from the house.  Everybody very busy in the valley and hope he can squeeze me in.  Sheet rock for the ceiling is next. Need to finish where the garage door is going first as it is scheduled to be installed on the 20th of next month.

20230925_161001.jpg

20230925_160936.jpg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Ray Martin said:

Well I finished the electrical today. Used more ROMEX then I thought I would.  So far750'.  

It does add up but well worth it to place every run you think you might ever need before the walls get covered. I am actually getting ready to cut a pretty good sized hole (5" by 42") in one of my interior walls to splice in a new 220 outlet. Given this is the first time in 20 years, since I built the shop, I don't feel to bad. Again it pays to plan ahead 🙂 

• Like 2

Great progress Ray!
Are you retired? 
Are you going to insulate the ceiling prior to rocking it?

Have you considered getting one of these? They are well worth the money. Not sure about this particular brand. My brothers father-in-law was in the sheet metal business years ago and made one similar and I borrowed it to rock my garage. Oh, that’s right, you’ve got Kev and a 6’ ladder! 😁

https://www.northerntool.com/products/ironton-drywall-and-panel-hoist-150-lb-capacity-11ft-lift-4987800?cm_mmc=Google-LIA&utm_source=Google_LIA&utm_medium=Construction > Panel Handling&utm_campaign=Ironton&utm_content=4987800&ogmap=SHP|LIA|GOOG|STND|c|SITEWIDE|||||856744510|42214681823&gclid=CjwKCAjwgsqoBhBNEiwAwe5w0x-C6--ACk4Nna15MvxNvLHzscW5HLLlnuR_hI5BFHcX0GZIxcNiuxoCAw4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

@Coop yes I am retired.  Thank goodness for that. Think what I am doing with the ceiling is to hang the rock and then blow in insulation.  Well that's the plan for today. 😆. I purchased one of those lifts from Harbor Freight about a month ago. Rental was $70 a day. There's no way I could get all of the drywall up in a couple of days  so decided to purchase one. That also takes the fun out of being retired.

10 hours ago, Ray Martin said:

@KevOK bud . Looking forward to your return. Sheet rock being delivered on the 11th and garage door installed on the 20th. Possibility you will be home before the 20th? Ready to rock and roll. 

Anything is possible but, I think I'll be a little later than that by a few days..  Some things could work out our way with some manpower here since the other unit being done is finishing first and the guy in my role there is employed by the plant.  So, maybe he'll want a few more night shifts and come take my spot..

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 9:04 PM, Ray Martin said:

@Coop yes I am retired.  Thank goodness for that. Think what I am doing with the ceiling is to hang the rock and then blow in insulation.  Well that's the plan for today. 😆. I purchased one of those lifts from Harbor Freight about a month ago. Rental was $70 a day. There's no way I could get all of the drywall up in a couple of days  so decided to purchase one. That also takes the fun out of being retired.

I did that with my basement project a few years back and sold it on CL afterword's ended up costing me like $20 in the end well worth it and didn't put me under a stressful time crunch.

• Like 3

Moving along. Electrician is currently here to get power from the main breaker to the shop. We will tie in sub panel this evening. Sheet rock being delivered Wednesday.  Already have people scheduled to help get it into the shop. Of course it's supposed to rain that day. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ray Martin said:

Moving along. Electrician is currently here to get power from the main breaker to the shop. We will tie in sub panel this evening. Sheet rock being delivered Wednesday.  Already have people scheduled to help get it into the shop. Of course it's supposed to rain that day. 

Rain could toss a wrench into things!  Tough choice to put it in the garage and then move it or shorten the trip and drop it outside closer to your roll up..