Title of the document

Favorite Festool to use

Woodenskye (Bryan)

I’m not talking about what is the most convenient for a project, but the 1 every time you use your happy you bought it.  Mine is my Trion jigsaw.  The barrel grip allows me to see the line, the splinter guard that gives clean cuts and helps with following my line.  It is just great to use.  My track saw is a close second, and both have been invaluable during my attic floor repair/renovation.

That can be a tough question.  But I think out of the four tools I have the OF1400 router is the one I look forward to using the most, followed by my sander which is the  ETS EC 150/5 EQ.   The only thing I wish in regards to the router is that they offered on the was oriented for a left-handed user. 

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

I have to agree with @Chetabout it being a tough question!  My least favorite is the jigsaw to the point that I typically use a battery Dewalt most of the time.

From there, I actually appreciate most of them just about equally as they are the right tool to get the job done when I reach for them.

Now, with that said, there are some things that I will eventually change in my FT collection.

1.  I'll probably add the TS 55.  I have the 75 but, it's just a bit bulky for breaking down sheet goods.

2.  I'll probably remove the 125 sander as I just don't use it that often.  Only really comes in handy when moving through grits and having 2 sanders set up and ready to go.

3.  I'll probably remove the jig saw from my collection all together.

4.  I have a drill but, only use it when I need the 90 degree attachment.  It's a nice drill but, rarely used.  Not sure what I want to do here!  Leave the situation as is or switch them all over to only have one battery charger.

What's holding me back from making the wanted changes?  Mostly the storage I have for these items in the shop.  It would force me to reconfigure the storage space I have and I haven't done my homework to know if I'm removing enough to equal what I want to add.

Great conversation topic!

2 hours ago, Kev said:

I have to agree with @Chetabout it being a tough question!  My least favorite is the jigsaw to the point that I typically use a battery Dewalt most of the time.

From there, I actually appreciate most of them just about equally as they are the right tool to get the job done when I reach for them.

Now, with that said, there are some things that I will eventually change in my FT collection.

1.  I'll probably add the TS 55.  I have the 75 but, it's just a bit bulky for breaking down sheet goods.

2.  I'll probably remove the 125 sander as I just don't use it that often.  Only really comes in handy when moving through grits and having 2 sanders set up and ready to go.

3.  I'll probably remove the jig saw from my collection all together.

4.  I have a drill but, only use it when I need the 90 degree attachment.  It's a nice drill but, rarely used.  Not sure what I want to do here!  Leave the situation as is or switch them all over to only have one battery charger.

What's holding me back from making the wanted changes?  Mostly the storage I have for these items in the shop.  It would force me to reconfigure the storage space I have and I haven't done my homework to know if I'm removing enough to equal what I want to add.

Great conversation topic!

I have to agree about FT drills.  I have the small 1 and do like it, 90 degree feature is nice, but I prefer my makita drills. 
I wish they had the cordless TS55 when I bought mine. Even though I don’t work away from the shop, I always seem to be stepping on the cord. 

2 hours ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

I always seem to be stepping on the cord. 

I have an extension hose for my CT and I keep thinking about doing something to harness the cord and hose together.  I know there are a number of ways to go about it.  Its more a matter of just getting around to it.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

4 hours ago, Kev said:

1.  I'll probably add the TS 55.

At first I wondered about wether the 75 would have been the better choice.  Then I realized that the only time it didn't handle the job was cutting that 45° on that slab coffee table.  We had to go buy you another 75... I think you sold that one when you got back home.

To be honest my favorite is the one I am using at that time.  

3 hours ago, Chet said:

I have an extension hose for my CT and I keep thinking about doing something to harness the cord and hose together.  I know there are a number of ways to go about it.  Its more a matter of just getting around to it.

I would really like to see your solution, this is one my biggest frustrations and I am not going to buy their way overprized boom. 

7 hours ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

I have to agree about FT drills.  I have the small 1 and do like it, 90 degree feature is nice, but I prefer my makita drills. 
I wish they had the cordless TS55 when I bought mine. Even though I don’t work away from the shop, I always seem to be stepping on the cord. 

I'll probably go with the corded version but, I don't have the cord management issue.

4 hours ago, Chet said:

I've always just used electrical tape and taped the cord to the hose.  Velcro strips would work well too..  I have the boom arm and a dedicated parking space for it so, that really helps with the cord management.

4 hours ago, Chet said:

At first I wondered about wether the 75 would have been the better choice.  Then I realized that the only time it didn't handle the job was cutting that 45° on that slab coffee table.  We had to go buy you another 75... I think you sold that one when you got back home.

lol..  Yea, we bought 2 tracks saws on that trip...  They both went to good people that still use them today.

For me the CT22 changed my world. Adding that to an already robust dust collection system seriously cut down on dust in my shop. Next would be the track saw again it allowed me to down size my table saw from a large inaccurate slider to a much smaller sliding table. Now I cut all sheet goods outside on a piece of 2" foam prior to bringing them into the shop.  Next would be the OF1400 and OF2200 routers I love me some routers I think I was at 11 at last count but these two work so well with above average dust collection and spot on fences and adjustments. Finally the sanders I have 4 I think and they all just work and well!

Overall like a lot of premium things in life are they worth the extra money probably not but dang they sure work well out of the box every time period and to me that's worth a lot, not what they cost but alot  ? 

2 hours ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Velcro straps can also be used. 

This is what I have been leaning toward.  I just have to decide to take the time to do it.

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

Overall like a lot of premium things in life are they worth the extra money probably not but dang they sure work well out of the box every time period and to me that's worth a lot, not what they cost but alot  ? 

Truer words have never been spoken.

1 hour ago, Chet said:

This is what I have been leaning toward.  I just have to decide to take the time to do it.

Why does the 10 minute tasks always take so long to get around to?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Festool inventory is limited to the Df-500 Domino, ETS-150 and RAS 115 ( never used yet) and the CT 26 and they are all my favorites. When finished with each tool, the hose back into the allotted  space above the vac and the cord back into the appropriate sustainer. Probably the only time I put something back in it’s place after I use. Speaks highly of my organizational skills! ?