Title of the document

OMGA Tools

Kev

58 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

They may be pricey, but from what I have heard, there is nothing like them.  I know a guy that uses them in his shop.  He always said it’s like how most people think Festool is so expensive then you use and it’s no comparison just on a bigger more expensive tool scale.

Somebody on one of my FB forums posted his new one and that's where I first saw them.  Sure would like to see one in person!

Looks like heavy duty pro equipment, something that gets used all day everyday.  Having a miter saw with a 3 or 4 HP motor in a hobbyist shop is just being able to say you have one. 🤪  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

43 minutes ago, Chet said:

Looks like heavy duty pro equipment, something that gets used all day everyday.  Having a miter saw with a 3 or 4 HP motor in a hobbyist shop is just being able to say you have one. 🤪  

Yea, there really has to be a limit depending on what you're producing in your shop consistently.  I could definitely see it for a high production shop.

4 minutes ago, Bushwacked said:

Sounds like Kev needs to upgrade :classic_biggrin:

I think the Kapex is working just fine.. 😉  Besides, I would have to completely rethink my miter station..  

Hmm..  There's be a bunch of videos in that... 🤪

• Haha 1

The cabinet shop I worked at had an omga miter saw, thing was an absolute beast!  3 phase set on a dedicated cabinet with a sweet fence.  We never used it for cutting a miter and was primarily used for cutting face frame and door parts.  Had a 12" blade with around a 5 inch cut capacity.  Was deadly square and we just put a clamp on the switch to leave it running while using.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kev said:

That is a poor representation of what those saws can do.  With decent blade in them they cut like a hot knife through butter,  the head of the saw is so heavy that it just drops right through.  With the angle that the blade enters the cut its pushing the wood down which holds it for you. They are an absolute treat to use.  Only thing that cuts faster and cleaner are upcut saws.