Title of the document

Corner Armoire

Coop

Now that we have a much larger master bedroom, we have room for more stuff. At first my wife thought a table and chair for reading in one corner was the go to and now she thinks maybe an armoire with drawers would be better. It sure seems like a wasted space in a corner for something with drawers? Any ideas? 

I hate a lot of stuff in the bedroom. Outside of sleeping I don’t like being there, so I keep what I need for clothes. With that said, and unless your wife is going on a major shopping spree to require more storage I would do something else. How about a Maloof rocker or a Morris chair. Give you a spot to read, but could be an attention grabber. Like the rest of us, what the Mrs wants, the Mrs is going to get. ?

• Like 1

The reading spot was her original intent with the added space. We added a 16’ x 16’ to the back of our house to include two walk in closets and a master bath which for us was like going from a Motel 6 to the Biltmore. You are right, happy wife, ....

1 hour ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

How about a Maloof rocker or a Morris chair.

The Morris Chair as a fun and challenging project.  Maybe start by building a whole new bedroom set.  By the time you get done with the bed and nightstands she will have decided what she wants in the corner.

Armoire could be a fun project though.

• Haha 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

I actually have both and use them quite often. the lighting in our great room is really poor so if I read its typically in the bedroom chair. We also have an armoire which provides three drawers for the wife's cloths and the top section is used to store electronics for the surround sound system in the bedroom.

• Like 1