Title of the document

Opinion

Tmize

37E25036-6900-4E76-BED3-55069067E30A.thumb.jpeg.8bc41a899071a841b6de62a0eeb468df.jpeg

So the question I have is does the drawers being so far in the case look odd to any of you? The is just a practice piece (bored in shop). So no hard feeling I inset them about 3/4”. I don’t know why I did just. I’ve went back an forth on this little box for couple months working on it from time to time between other projects. So I think I had a design change or a mismeasure some where. I build a lot of boxes as filler project to work on a certain skill this one was to see if I could making actual piston fit drawer where you push one in an it blows the other one out some to make room for air. I failed but the drawers do fit good. I had it til one of the drawers twisted a lil bit sitting an waiting before I glued it up. 

52 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

I like it, but only if was a 1/4" deep.  I also think if it was a contrasting wood like maple it would be more appealing to my eye.

I agree a 1/4” would be about right. I’m just the opposite on contrasting wood I’ve honestly never been much of a fan. But to each their own. 

21 minutes ago, Tmize said:

I agree a 1/4” would be about right. I’m just the opposite on contrasting wood I’ve honestly never been much of a fan. But to each their own. 

Contrasting wood can be done right or it can be done wrong, in this case, I think it would enhance the design aspect of it.  Like you said to each their own.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kev said:

I don't have issue with the look..  You might experiment with some pulls that fill up some of that space??

I was thinking something along these lines.  A thin, long pull from the same species.  I think I would try a pull that is almost half as long as the drawer is wide.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

51 minutes ago, Tmize said:

So I made me some drawer pulls today off of y’all responds. Don’t pay any attention to the fact  they are off center ?

Now that looks sharp!  I'll take one please!

Nice job!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 10:07 PM, Coop said:

Too nice for the scrap pile/practice piece. So now, what will it become? 

I built with no thought about what to use it for just a imagine in my head. I was probably just going to sit it up on a shelf in the shop. I thought I might could store chisels in it or something. The wife was downstairs last night with me an seen it now she has a use for it she says.