Title of the document

Epoxy

1 hour ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

I need to buy some epoxy.  Need to fill some minor defects.  I'm looking at West Systems and Totalboat.  Do you guys generally buy a pint, quart or gallon?  Also do you buy slow, medium or fast cure?  

As for which brand, I think either would work fine for you.  Total Boat is less expensive.

I use West Systems and buy it by the gallon.  It has a great shelf life so, I typically don't worry about it going bad before I get through it.  I've had a can last a couple years in the shop.

I'm seriously considering using Total Boat when it's time to buy again as it's cheaper.  However, I can't speak to its shelf life.

Probably created more questions than answers for you but, I needed to be honest.

I have a gallon can of West System that I purchased the summer of 2016 and my grand daughter just used some this week, so, so far so good.  I do think that I would consider buying a smaller size next time.  I did have to replace the pump in the harder once.  I have the slow hardener and I can't even tell you why that was the one I picked up.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

• 2 weeks later...

Only thing I have done in that situation, also shop furniture, is cut a strip of wood to fit in the dado boo boo and glue it in and sand it flush. 

• Like 2

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

1 hour ago, Chet said:

Only thing I have done in that situation, also shop furniture, is cut a strip of wood to fit in the dado boo boo and glue it in and sand it flush. 

I know this is the logical thing to do, but I was curious if this type of experiment would work.  Maybe if I have extra mixed up at some point will try it.

On 7/3/2020 at 8:38 PM, Chet said:

I have a gallon can of West System that I purchased the summer of 2016 and my grand daughter just used some this week, so, so far so good.  I do think that I would consider buying a smaller size next time.  I did have to replace the pump in the harder once.  I have the slow hardener and I can't even tell you why that was the one I picked up.

Do you find that the older the resign, the darker it gets? I found that after about 3-5 years.