Title of the document

Under Table Saw Storage

Kev

I know we chatted about this project on the old forum but, I thought I'd drop the thumbnail pic here and open it up for conversation if there is any before the video comes out this next weekend..

1410431607_UTSStorage.jpg.121352f2fda77ece94437a7ea06be6ef.jpg

• Like 2

Just a point of interest.  On my last two shop furniture projects, the Festool storage cabinet that my planer sits on and my under the table saw storage, I have done away with castors.  I just finally decided that they don't get moved enough, if at all, to warrant the expense of quality castors.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

8 hours ago, Chet said:

Just a point of interest.  On my last two shop furniture projects, the Festool storage cabinet that my planer sits on and my under the table saw storage, I have done away with castors.  I just finally decided that they don't get moved enough, if at all, to warrant the expense of quality castors.

I thought about this one hard and nearly went that way..  The main reason I didn't is because the in floor electrical is right behind that cabinet.  Since finishing the shop, I've had the need to be in those a couple times.  The other reason is that directly behind all that is the CP parking that I built into the OF table that is currently not being used because of the configuration of the new shop.  There's just no room to maneuver the CT under there and pull it out easily when I want to use it at the assembly table..  So, there's some serious untapped usable space down there!  I just don't know what's going to live there yet..

I may have seen it an just forgot in one of your videos. What all do you keep in all those drawers at the table saw. I can see blades,wrench’s, fingerboard,miter gauge. What else would be there that would fit in the drawers?

You covered most of it but, there’s still more room for growth as well. 

I’ll try and remember to drop the video early here for you guys as this build video is more about the organization than the cabinet build. 

• Like 1

Just now, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Great job on the organization!  After the thanks for watching you should think about adding the forum web address.

It's in the show notes..  

I guess I've just never been one to be pushy..

As soon as the new website is complete - and it's really close - I'm going to drop a stand alone video pushing the website, forum site, and T-Shirt sales..

19 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Guess you caught me that I don't read the show notes that often

If I'm genuinely interested in someone on YT, I'll take a look in the show notes.  It's a good place to find their web sites and other available media that I might be interested in..

15 minutes ago, Coop said:

Ok, I’m lost again/still but I’m comfortable with that by now! Where are show notes located? 

If you look directly below the video, you see a brief description of what's in the video.  At the end of that are the words "show more".  Click on that and it will finish that paragraph as well as show you all the links..

I sometimes add links to special tools, other websites, etc down there..  That's where the links live to places like this..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coop said:

Thanks bud. I was looking on the forum but I see now. At 3:10 in the video, are you using a counter sink bit? It doesn’t appear to be but I suspect it’s the same as you are using at 3:40? 

Yea, I use those pilot/countersink bits all the time..  I used to order them from Rockler until I found them at the local big box store.  They work great and I leave one chucked up in a drill all the time.

48 minutes ago, Kev said:

Yea, I use those pilot/countersink bits all the time..  I used to order them from Rockler until I found them at the local big box store.  They work great and I leave one chucked up in a drill all the time.

You running the dewalt ones? I picked them up at hd one of my last trips there. 3 piece set and have been pretty impressed by them.  I also use them all the time. Really never take it out of my m12 drill. 

7 hours ago, Coop said:

When you get a chance, when you get home, would you post a pic please. Will we be looking at a pool thru your shop door any time soon? 

If you're talking about a swimming pool, definitely NOT!  Absolutely no interest in one.