Grizzly bandsaw

Jamie

So am not sure what exactly is going on. Can’t ever talk to the same person and their note taking isn’t the best. After being on hold fir about a half hour and talking to a guy who wasn’t sure on what’s going on he did mention that they decided on sending a new one. Not sure when it will ship. I did bring up compensation on this and was told that it’s usually in the form of a gift card. Got me thinking about seeing how much the gift card would be and getting a refund for this saw to upgrade to the 17”. Sent an email off to the service tech who I was dealing with to see where I can get. 

47 minutes ago, Tmize said:

I would definitely give it a shot trying for the 17”.  I would check tho if you do go with the 17” what the smallest blade you can use on it for cutting tight curves an so on

17 is a good saw and I'm pretty sure it will run a 1/4" blade..  Double check that to be sure!  I'm not at home so, don't have ready access to my manual.

Yeah not sure on the specs of it. Didn’t hear anything back from grizzly today. Not sure if they shipped a replacement or what is going on. Probably won’t find out till Tuesday at the earliest. @Kev when you got your 17” was there much assembly?

Just now, Jamie said:

Yeah not sure on the specs of it. Didn’t hear anything back from grizzly today. Not sure if they shipped a replacement or what is going on. Probably won’t find out till Tuesday at the earliest. @Kev when you got your 17” was there much assembly?

Not much..  No more than the 14"

Just now, Kev said:

Not much..  No more than the 14"

That is good to know. For some reason spending a couple hours putting a tool together isn’t much fun to me. Would rather just plug it in and have it all fine tuned!

5 minutes ago, Jamie said:

That is good to know. For some reason spending a couple hours putting a tool together isn’t much fun to me. Would rather just plug it in and have it all fine tuned!

Well, the bandsaw is a good one to tune up often if you use it much..  Good to have the skills at your fingertips as it speeds up the process..

1 minute ago, Kev said:

Well, the bandsaw is a good one to tune up often if you use it much..  Good to have the skills at your fingertips as it speeds up the process..

I agree that they need regular tuning. It is amazing the difference in a well tuned bandsaw vs one that’s a little out of wack. I know for me having limited shop time it seems that I do let little things kinda slide in the shop. Just the little fine details, like never really fine tuning the legs on the table saw extension table. Or maybe if a machine has a little wobble in the legs I just never seem to take the time to adjust it. Need to get better at those things. Since I got my table saw I’ve wanted to just go through it all with a fine tooth comb and just never have taken the time to do it. 

18 minutes ago, Jamie said:

I agree that they need regular tuning. It is amazing the difference in a well tuned bandsaw vs one that’s a little out of wack. I know for me having limited shop time it seems that I do let little things kinda slide in the shop. Just the little fine details, like never really fine tuning the legs on the table saw extension table. Or maybe if a machine has a little wobble in the legs I just never seem to take the time to adjust it. Need to get better at those things. Since I got my table saw I’ve wanted to just go through it all with a fine tooth comb and just never have taken the time to do it. 

You're not the only one with that issue..  I'm sure there's many of us in that boat, including me..

Well the saw showed up yesterday, got it home and put the base together. Made a quick little mobile base for it. 

Got the rest of it assembled tonight, what a difference! Very minimal vibration and super easy to track the blade. It’s like a totally different saw! ?. I can now understand way you guys recommended it so highly. Thank you for all your input. 

Have not been told what was wrong with the old saw. Am going to reach out to grizzly through an email to see if I get a response. 6AC9CFFB-1E67-4A0F-845F-3DA9599AA3A2.thumb.jpeg.ac4174e7815f81a743904cae503d837f.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Glad you got a peach and not another lemon!

+1

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

Grizzly called me up today checking in, told them that the new saw was working well. I asked if they knew what was wrong with the old saw and they didn’t have an answer. I did ask about compensation that they mentioned in the email and the guy I was talking to did look into it but nothing has been determined. They are supposed to be calling me back in the next couple days. 

Have to say I was pretty happy about them calling and checking in. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tmize said:

Now that is good customer service 

Yes I have to agree, through the whole process they have been pretty good. I understand that it took longer than I would’ve liked but I think that can be blamed on the covid thing. 

• Like 3