Title of the document

Cutting board and CNC, it's like PB&J

3 hours ago, Bushwacked said:

woooooow!! I never thought you could get the intricate with those details, but dang! That is an amazing board there.

Did anyone see the sparks coming from the bandsaw? .. what was that about?

Yes I noticed the sparks coming off the bandsaw.  My only guess would be that the blade was touching the guides because how he set it up.  Then again I could be totally off base.

7 hours ago, Bushwacked said:

Did anyone see the sparks coming from the bandsaw?

Yea, thats a Laguna bandsaw and they have ceramic guides.

4 hours ago, Tmize said:

Ceramic guides will spark when they are new. Once broke in they stop

I am not sure about this.  My Laguna is over 4 years old and they still spark anytime there is pressure on one side of the blade like cutting a tight curve.  I guess if you never re-adjust them to the blade then yea they would wear done and not touch the blade anymore.  Maybe different ceramic guides act different after use.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

1 hour ago, Chet said:

Yea, thats a Laguna bandsaw and they have ceramic guides.

I am not sure about this.  My Laguna is over 4 years old and they still spark anytime there is pressure on one side of the blade like cutting a tight curve.  I guess if you never re-adjust them to the blade then yea they would wear done and not touch the blade anymore.  Maybe different ceramic guides act different after use.

Mine in the manual an the setup YouTube video said it would spark til they broke in. I’ve even noticed on mine that it did after I setup the blade and hasn’t since. But all I’ve done is resaw on mine never put a small blade on it. 

Could also be that different blades will hit in different spots on the ceramic so it is a separate break in so to speak.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus