Title of the document

Nordfab Piping

Kev

Need a short minute to rant!  I needed a "Y" for the new band saw and I have Nordfab in my shop.  

We all know this stuff is expensive!  But now they're adding a 16% surcharge to your bill in an effort to not raise their prices.  Can anyone tell me what the difference is?

To put this all in perspective, the 4" to 4" x 4" Y with shipping was $218.00.  No clamps, no hose, just the Y.

The Ys were always the expensive part but, this was ridiculous!

I appreciated having this piping during the last 2 moves but, I'm thinking of tearing it all out, selling it, and paying off my mortgage!

13 minutes ago, Kev said:

I appreciated having this piping during the last 2 moves but, I'm thinking of tearing it all out, selling it, and paying off my mortgage!

Now that you are mostly set in the shop this isn't the dumbest idea.  Maybe not the mortgage but you could certainly upgrade some of the final tools.  Or buy Robin a new long arm.  Which ever gets you better milage.

• Haha 2

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

1 hour ago, Kev said:

But now they're adding a 16% surcharge to your bill in an effort to not raise their prices.

But they have raised their prices by 16%.   16% of what ever your total is isn't a surcharge thats a price increase.   Price increases happen, why label it a surcharge. 

I would just a soon have one price, no surcharge, no handling fees, just give me my bottom line with out the hokus pokus to try and make me feel okay about the price.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

Damn!! That's up there. I think a standard metal wye delivered from Oneida was like 60ish and I thought that was bad. I will say the first time you have to change your duct work it is nice, drilling out rivets and pulling off metal tape is a PITA, luckily in 15 years I think I have only had to do it twice.

29 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Damn!! That's up there. I think a standard metal wye delivered from Oneida was like 60ish and I thought that was bad. I will say the first time you have to change your duct work it is nice, drilling out rivets and pulling off metal tape is a PITA, luckily in 15 years I think I have only had to do it twice.

I've only done it twice as well but, more recently than 15 years.  Believing this is my last shop, if I were starting over I would do it much differently as their prices are a bit much!

• Like 1

I used that aluminum tape on mine but on a joint were gravity and weight come in to play I used a couple of self tapping screws.  I kept them pretty short just enough to help but I didn't want them going all the way through to the inside.

Where I did use screws, I did the screws first so the tape would go over them.

• Like 1