New Harvey Bandsaw

Kev

@Olie sent this to me and it's a little interesting..  I have a suspicion on the "new technology" but, thought I'd drop the picture here for some discussion and guessing from the group just for fun..

image.thumb.jpeg.efc63d61fc2d72dd6607ec48958d5617.jpeg

Without knowing, I am going to guess the the technology is more suited to a production setting the hobbyist.  So for a pro it may be money well spent and for a hobbyist just money spent.🙂

• Like 3

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

9 minutes ago, Chet said:

Without knowing, I am going to guess the the technology is more suited to a production setting the hobbyist.  So for a pro it may be money well spent and for a hobbyist just money spent.🙂

Everything for a hobbyist is just money spent 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

The technology is apparently a blade tensioner, brake lock, and push button built in LED lighting. Seems cool but will probably come at a hefty price as I heard it would retail at close to $4200. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Olie said:

The technology is apparently a blade tensioner, brake lock, and push button built in LED lighting. Seems cool but will probably come at a hefty price as I heard it would retail at close to $4200. 

😮 yeah the light would be nice the other two I could care less about and at $4200 better be a damn good base saw.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pkinneb said:

😮 yeah the light would be nice the other two I could care less about and at $4200 better be a damn good base saw.

@pkinneb for sure! It does have the new big eye fence too and nickel plated top but still about twice the cost of a decent 15” bandsaw. 

• Like 1