Title of the document

Software Update

Kev

Just a heads up..  There's a software update that we'll be pushing in the next day or 2.  This is the same update that happened over on WTO and I don't see to many issues with it..  The main complaint that I've seen so far is the inability to users to edit their posts.  We'll see if we can work through that issue before we push the update here.

It looks like there's about a 2 minute timer before you can edit your posts..  I'm looking into removing that.

If you're having issues, please start by clearing your cache and your cookies.

I really appreciate the email that I got earlier from a user that was having some issues.  It got me testing things I hadn't tested.  Please don't hesitate to use my email if you're having issues.

Kev@jcwworks.com

Those of you that have my other address, that's fine as well.

Kev

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kev said:

Gotta keep up the jones' you know ?

So Kev, the things I have been emailing you about appear directly related to using on a mobile device.  I am writing this from my laptop, and seems to be working.  On mobile the + and quote isn't visible.  Basically on mobile it seems you aren't able to write anything.  I tried sending message, starting a new topic and replying to a thread.  Hopefully this will provide more clarity on what needs to be fixed.

On my laptop I didn't clear any cookies or cache.

3 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

So Kev, the things I have been emailing you about appear directly related to using on a mobile device.  I am writing this from my laptop, and seems to be working.  On mobile the + and quote isn't visible.  Basically on mobile it seems you aren't able to write anything.  I tried sending message, starting a new topic and replying to a thread.  Hopefully this will provide more clarity on what needs to be fixed.

On my laptop I didn't clear any cookies or cache.

Thanks Bryan, that helps a lot..  Issues seem to be limited to mobile and we can focus our troubleshooting..

The icons for notifications, messages and reported content in the upper right next to my profile are missing.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

4 hours ago, Chet said:

The icons for notifications, messages and reported content in the upper right next to my profile are missing.

Chet they are still there, it is just hard to see with the black background and dark blue color of those options.  Hopefully by quoting you on this it will show that you have the notification.  

6 hours ago, Chet said:

Yep..  What Bryan said..  They're there..  They just don't really show up until there's some sort of notification..

I think the issues I am having with not being able to reply on my iPad is due to age and version. Using my phone and laptop works. Is there anything from the forum company that says what is the minimum requirements are?  Again I find it weird that it loads, probably better than before the update, and it looks perfect, but the only thing you can’t do is type anything, whether that is a reply, new topic or message.  

I get I am probably the only person having this issue do to old tech, but since this isn’t an app I don’t see how it isn’t supported provide you can actually connect to the internet.  I know this sounds like I am complaining. 

51084A31-949A-4CAC-BEF2-AF52B2FE8D3A.thumb.jpeg.603b14d7072c3ac9898976f354ba75b3.jpeg

3FE374D2-0A43-4A2E-BF33-6812DB7349F0.jpeg

Yea, it's strange..  No "system requirements" as a release like this would have to fit everyone I would think.  

I know there's some small things like the buttons that I can work on but, your issue is well beyond my level!  I'll get the web guy to look into this issue when he get's off of work..

On WTO, there were some saying that pictures weren't posting correctly.  I haven't had that issue here at all..  Anyone else?

32 minutes ago, Kev said:

Yea, it's strange..  No "system requirements" as a release like this would have to fit everyone I would think.  

I know there's some small things like the buttons that I can work on but, your issue is well beyond my level!  I'll get the web guy to look into this issue when he get's off of work..

On WTO, there were some saying that pictures weren't posting correctly.  I haven't had that issue here at all..  Anyone else?

I had no issues posting the photos I did earlier. 

Yeah a lot of this stuff would be well above my pay grade as well.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Coop said:

Busted! I have no idea nor where to look. I know how to plug this mother in to charge it and turn up the volume and that’s all that I can reveal at this time. 

Ok. I can help you find. Go to settings, select general and then about. Part way down you will see version. It will look like 9.3.6. 

• Like 1