Title of the document

Systainer Placement

Coop

One of my goals between now and Labor Day is to get my shop as organized as possible. These last couple of days, I have been working on a Kev inspired cabinet for my systainers. 
IMG_6440.thumb.jpeg.62d570eb9d1530e6e8ee093d7c8bd3a9.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Looks good Coop!  Now you just need to build more for the 30 not shown! 😂😂

None in the background and none in the foreseeable future, thus the two spaces at the top for plastic storage bins. But, the upper center divider is installed with Kreg screws so, never say never. 😁

• Like 2

It looks like you have the Rolex, 150/5, and the domino correct?  Is there a track saw in your future?  Or perhaps a router?

I really like your choice in the sanders, those are great sanders!

I bought the RAS 115 E after making a chair for my daughter and never took it out of the box. Correct on the other two. I have considered the track saw many times, thus the Kreg attached instead of dado shelf. I guess that was kinda of a gotcha! I have 5-6 different routers so no, that won’t be in the future. 
On the build, I looked at your storage system below, I believe, your miter saw bench, and thought, how much more functional and simple could it be. Thanks for the inspiration. 

8 hours ago, Coop said:

I bought the RAS 115 E after making a chair for my daughter and never took it out of the box. Correct on the other two. I have considered the track saw many times, thus the Kreg attached instead of dado shelf. I guess that was kinda of a gotcha! I have 5-6 different routers so no, that won’t be in the future. 
On the build, I looked at your storage system below, I believe, your miter saw bench, and thought, how much more functional and simple could it be. Thanks for the inspiration. 

There is actually free plans for that miter bench on my website..

I'm not sure that the track saw would fit in that cabinet even if you removed the shelf..  Just some food for thought..  I will say that I just never regretted having a track saw.

Posted (edited)

In my mind, I certainly wouldn't consider the track saw a game changer but if you end up with one they turn into a real nice tool to have.  Some tasks on the table saw can be a challenge to set up so that they are safe operations, but with a track saw they become real easy to accomplish. 

Just my two cent$$$.

Edited by Chet
  • Like 3

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

I decided to use the two upper areas for fastener drawers. And since the track saw wouldn’t fit anyway, I have the ply in stock, bought the slides for $17 pair and the cost of the ts is about 1k, I’ll save a bundle! 😁

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2024 at 10:11 AM, Coop said:

Kev, are the portions in this drawer attached to the drawer sides? I don’t see any dados that they would slide/fit into. 

DrawerOrgo2.jpeg.1f43ae6fdd28ec40fd5c89ffc3112161.jpeg

They are attached with just a dop of CA glue for easy reconfiguration if needed.  I also added a drop in the bottoms in several place just to help keep stuff from sliding under the grid.  But, all still easily removable if needed.

• Like 1

After getting everything just right and the holes drilled in the sides of the case for the slides (the opening is just 4” tall), in goes the drawer only to discover that I picked up 12” full extension slides instead of 14”. 🙁
IMG_6460.thumb.jpeg.3cbe9beefb6280508dc803c10bc58492.jpeg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Coop said:

After getting everything just right and the holes drilled in the sides of the case for the slides (the opening is just 4” tall), in goes the drawer only to discover that I picked up 12” full extension slides instead of 14”. 🙁

Definitely makes a difference at the back of the drawer..  Looking good though!

• Like 1