Title of the document

Farmhouse Table

Kev

16 minutes ago, Coop said:

I can see this going in varied directions in your future finishes!😁 Actually, I think this looks pretty darn good for the occasion. I also see the tusk missing in the pic. Will it receive a finish similar to the top? 
You said color selections were by client. How did she arrive at these? YouTube type videos or previous experience? 

Good questions as usual!

Future Finishes - Client was here most of the day doing this.  I don't see this in my arsenal of finishes for client work.

The tusks - These were finished at the same time and manner as the top so, that's what they will look like.

Choices - I cut numerous blocks of poplar and sanded them for the client to practice finishing techniques and come up with the finish she wanted.  Each time she would come with sample blocks to look at them with the tabletop, I would offer some suggestions..  Such as glaze, sanding through multiple layers, etc. I also provided her with some colors I had in the shop to play with until she found the look she wanted.  So, the short answer is simply trial and error.  My wife and I had done this on the coffee bar in our house so, it wasn't my first time doing it but, I'm certainly no expert!

• 1 month later...