Title of the document

Tool Manual Storage

Kev

Well, my collection has just gotten out of hand and no longer fits in the small drawer I had them in.  As well, there was no organization to it but, if I needed one in there, I did have one location to go to...

image.thumb.jpeg.e5eadb4170c8da7de2abe0b131e6beff.jpeg

So, my question to you guys is, "What are you doing to store these?"  There's no standard sizes at all!

• I do have a bigger drawer that I could probably use as a sort of filing cabinet for them.
  • I rarely need them, I could discard them and rely on electronic versions. - Some I would probably have to scan. Frankly, some could be tossed.
  • I could put them in a huge binder and then try and find a home for the binder.
  • I could build some sort of cabinet for the wall to put them in.

Really looking for a unique solution that might also make a good video.  The video isn't required, it's just a topic you rarely see in video.

Thanks in advance!

I went to Office Depot some years back and got a cardboard box with a lid, the box has the metal rails on the top edge for the hanging file folders.  By now they may be made like a rubbermaid tubs or something anyway mine is cardboard.

Something like this but mine go the other direction and doesn't have all the metal accoutrements.

https://www.staples.com/Snap-N-Store-Collapsible-Storage-Box-Letter-Legal/product_568546?cid=PS:GS:SBD:PLA:OS&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2eilBhCCARIsAG0Pf8vmTLboAwNd3ruFKOOm2N8p_ZA5LEtHqwJYUfyFej1iEXXStnvGZ64aAoR6EALw_wcB

• Thanks 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

I put mine in clear plastic sleeves that fit in 3 ring binders. I also put the receipt that I paid for them or a note with the cost and date of purchase. More for my heirs for a garage sale than anything else. Unfortunately, I sometimes fail to toss these when I replace the tool.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...