Title of the document

Stinking up the shop

Jamie

Is that the real deal? At Outback, if you don’t ask, they will bring you a horseradish sauce which don’t cut it! I’ll darn sure take you up on your offer for a small jar and will send my address and UPS account number for the shipping. Not going back to the office until Friday and will get the account number then. You da man! 

52 minutes ago, Coop said:

Is that the real deal? At Outback, if you don’t ask, they will bring you a horseradish sauce which don’t cut it! I’ll darn sure take you up on your offer for a small jar and will send my address and UPS account number for the shipping. Not going back to the office until Friday and will get the account number then. You da man! 

Yes the real deal and let me tell ya it’s hot! Don’t worry about the shipping it’s my treat. Just get me your address and I’ll get it sent off

After living in Louisiana for over 30 years, I realized that  horseradish is a mainstay condiment for 75% of cajun food.  After moving to Tennessee, I really miss it, so I turned to Cayenne as the spice. No comparison.  Cayenne is hot, but only in the mouth  and downward.  Horseradish, solves any and all sinus issues you can have. It clears the head.  Love that stuff.  The condiment of Tennessee, is pork fat.  Yuck.

I don't think Christmas would be the same for me if I didn't have Horseradish for my Prime Rib.  Sent you my address Jamie... Thanks

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

15 hours ago, Richarda said:

After living in Louisiana for over 30 years, I realized that  horseradish is a mainstay condiment for 75% of cajun food.  After moving to Tennessee, I really miss it, so I turned to Cayenne as the spice. No comparison.  Cayenne is hot, but only in the mouth  and downward.  Horseradish, solves any and all sinus issues you can have. It clears the head.  Love that stuff.  The condiment of Tennessee, is pork fat.  Yuck.

I make my own pepper sauce as well. Grow the peppers in my garden and in the fall cook them down. Every year it turns out a little different depending on the growing season. Last years was way to hot! Really had to cut it. The thing about pepper sauce is they get better with age. 2018 sauce is top notch, not to hot but just good flavor. I’d say is a cross between franks and Tabasco. I like to mess around with things like that, don’t do hardly any cooking at home heck I don’t even grill much. When it comes to hot sauce, horseradish, pickled fish and rhubarb I’m all in!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Coop said:

What peppers do you grow?.

I go with cayennes, a few varieties..Tabasco peppers are hard to grow here, plant does really well but hard to get the peppers to ripen before frost gets them. Can get about 1/4 of the peppers to ripen most years. Last year I had some Thai hot peppers they added quite a bit of the heat I believe. Some years I’ll throw a few banana peppers in. 

I’m not a fan of blow your face off hot, so no habaneros or ghost peppers for me. 

On 4/29/2020 at 9:40 PM, Coop said:

Nor am I on the scald you tongue type peppers. I prefer flavor over heat. I prefer jalapeños, hot to not terribly hot. I’ve already picked a dozen or so with also some Hatch peppers. 

We haven’t even planted gardens here yet, little to cold. Maybe by next week can start on them. 

4 hours ago, Coop said:

Jamie, that is some GOOD stuff. Just tasted of a small bit by itself and it has a great taste. Can’t wait to try it on a good piece of meat. Thanks again bud, appreciate ya! 

Glad to hear! Enjoy! 

On 4/29/2020 at 8:20 AM, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Jaime looks like some quality stuff.  I love horseradish with pork tenderloin. 

Get me your address, have a jar with your name on it!