Title of the document

2022 garage shop updates …

Bushwacked

10 hours ago, Kev said:

Your numbers have really got me thinking!  

Your numbers after the muffler are amazing!  I know this was ultimately what you were going for.

The number inside has me concerned on my project!  That's a lot of work for a 4db drop in the area where I'm looking for it.

Regardless, awesome job!  Thanks also for posting the results, this helps me formulate my ideas for my DC/Noise issue..

Yes, super happy with the outside dB levels! Inside, I was just happy with anything I got, wasnt expecting much. Are you trying to muffle the motor noise?

10 hours ago, Coop said:

That’s a neat deal! Those numbers are awesome. I think it looks a lot better horizontal too! Good job. 

thanks Coop! yes, horizontal looks much cleaner than the vertical test fit.

3 hours ago, Bushwacked said:

Yes, super happy with the outside dB levels! Inside, I was just happy with anything I got, wasnt expecting much. Are you trying to muffle the motor noise?

Yep..  I don't have the outside issue, just the inside one.  That's why I'm considering redoing the closet to get some better noise dampening.

5 hours ago, Kev said:

Yep..  I don't have the outside issue, just the inside one.  That's why I'm considering redoing the closet to get some better noise dampening.

how much space do you have to build a new closet? you could do 2x6's and then zig zag your 2x4's so the inner studs and drywall dont touch the outer studs and drywall and there would be room to add that acoustic mineral wool in the walls as well. ... maybe?

Also, Johnny Brooks just finished up his closet ... might be able to take some ideas?

1 hour ago, Bushwacked said:

how much space do you have to build a new closet? you could do 2x6's and then zig zag your 2x4's so the inner studs and drywall dont touch the outer studs and drywall and there would be room to add that acoustic mineral wool in the walls as well. ... maybe?

Also, Johnny Brooks just finished up his closet ... might be able to take some ideas?

I'll have to give that entire wall some serious thought if I really want to kill the noise!

Ultimately, I should put a door on the front like he did but, that's my vertical lumber storage which I really like.  It was always my intention to finish up the enclosure but, I just haven't gotten around to it.

As I do my upgrades all the way around the shop, I'll eventually get to this wall and will then make some decisions.  

Another (expensive) option I've considered is adding a closet outside for the DC.  I have the space but, it's certainly not a cost effective option.

• Like 1