Title of the document

1day (saw)bench

Tmize

So a quick little bench to use around the shop an to go with my hand saws. It built it with some left over maple an popular from the roubo build so it matches the bench. It uses several different joints from drawbored m&t, angled bird mouth like a half lap an pegged joints. The legs splay 10 degrees. I cleaned it up some an put a coat of danish oil on it but I didn’t put much work into it. I’m sure my 3 yr old will be coloring on it tomorrow when my back is turned like everything else in my shop. The joint connecting the top was a interesting joint but should be stupid strong for it use  566193B7-0165-4575-A053-716FBCD60D75.thumb.jpeg.ca171e39d9efb3b3ab3f5a4ee4982d2c.jpegFDF37DD4-572C-4400-ADAB-B623A59777BB.thumb.jpeg.d9c2a6fd866f88684a8a6cf51d93d421.jpeg74AAC96C-556D-4B8E-B5C1-75E4995CECA1.thumb.jpeg.f47ceecdfa9bf01baf7b03aa87780e39.jpeg

• Like 2

Using up scraps, practicing joints and techniques and ending up with something useful is always an enjoyable day in the shop.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

57 minutes ago, Tmize said:

I drilled a couple hold fast holes in it last night. They hold fairly well in the 1 3/4” top. I got a handful more eBay saws headed my way for restoration so the bench should get a lot of use here soon. 

You could add some blocks to the bottom at the holdfast locations if you're having issue with them holding.

Just now, Kev said:

You could add some blocks to the bottom at the holdfast locations if you're having issue with them holding.

So far I don’t have any problems. I’ve been looking for a reason to try out LV post clamp thingy https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/tools/workshop/workbenches/benchtop-accessories/57059-veritas-surface-clamp?item=05G1901. So if the holdfast don’t do the job I may just order me one of them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tmize said:

I’ve been looking for a reason to try out LV post clamp thingy

I have always like those, just had trouble justifying the price when the hold fast works for me.

"thingy" thats a highly technical term most people don't know the definition of. 

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

1 minute ago, Chet said:

I have always like those, just had trouble justifying the price when the hold fast works for me.

"thingy" thats a highly technical term most people don't know the definition of. 

Same here with the price I’ve got two gramercy holdfast an couple of the rockler ones also. They are work great. 

Oh yes very high tech?