Title of the document

Chair plans

Jamie

Does anyone have a source for chair plans? I think my biggest weakness in the shop is drawing up plans. 90E3451E-ADAC-4610-B42B-78047B6C631E.thumb.jpeg.f18d58d65dbb43a6a309ef2fe55a325d.jpeg

This would be what I’m kinda thinking for a look. Only thing i would changes is the scallops on the top rail would be eliminated. I could probably apply my own measurements to it and come up with something. Only things that has me nervous about that is getting the proper angles to make the chair comfortable. 

1 minute ago, Coop said:

I’m with you bud! I made 3 different prototypes of Adirondack chairs before I was satisfied with the heights and angles! 

That’s a lot of firewood! Hope you kept the final plans! 

I was thinking after I posted this that my grandparents and parents have some pretty nice chairs that I could barrow some measurements off of. That might be my best bet. 

8 hours ago, Kev said:

The Woodwhisperer has a chair project that goes deep into detail on design..  Would cost a few bucks for the project but, good instruction for designing chairs..

The money would be worth it.  He discusses things that If I were to design chairs for myself I wouldn't have thought about. 

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

2 hours ago, Tmize said:

I think lee valley sells a plan very similar to that chair

I’m gonna have to check that out! Thanks! 

8 hours ago, Chet said:

The money would be worth it.  He discusses things that If I were to design chairs for myself I wouldn't have thought about. 

I did look at his project, and I agree that the money would be worth it for the tips one would pick up. I do like the fact that he did loose tenons without the domino. 

7 hours ago, Jamie said:

I did look at his project, and I agree that the money would be worth it for the tips one would pick up. I do like the fact that he did loose tenons without the domino. 

I'm going to do a video on that when I get home..  It's not hard..

36 minutes ago, Kev said:

I'm going to do a video on that when I get home..  It's not hard..

Awesome! I agree that they aren’t that hard to do, back to what you mentioned before......nice to solve a problem without throwing a bunch of money at it.