Title of the document

A week in the shop

16 hours ago, Kev said:

For the record, I'm an absolute fan of GF milk paint!  It comes in standard colors but, is super easy to mix to get your own color as well.  What I really like about it is how it flows out and really hides brush strokes!

Do you know if you can spray it also?

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

• 2 weeks later...

A little frustration in the shop this week.  I decided that I needed to finally decide on an outfeed solution for the table saw.  So I decided to build a cart that could serve as outfeed and a place for the shop vac.  Well got it built using ply I had on hand and for the most part the build went smoothly.  When I went to put it in place it didn't fit.  No big deal I can trim the overhang off each side to get the clearance I needed.  Well 2 bolt heads on the fence rails kept interfering.  Broke out the router and worked on fixing that issue, after a few choice words and a chisel, got the groove close enough.  So its near the end of the day and I move the outfeed out of the way, forgot the shop vac hose was connected and wouldn't you know I broke the dust collection port on the saw.  Went looking for a replacement and prices and availability are all over the place.  So after this, closed up shop for the day.  

49 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

A little frustration in the shop this week.  I decided that I needed to finally decide on an outfeed solution for the table saw.  So I decided to build a cart that could serve as outfeed and a place for the shop vac.  Well got it built using ply I had on hand and for the most part the build went smoothly.  When I went to put it in place it didn't fit.  No big deal I can trim the overhang off each side to get the clearance I needed.  Well 2 bolt heads on the fence rails kept interfering.  Broke out the router and worked on fixing that issue, after a few choice words and a chisel, got the groove close enough.  So its near the end of the day and I move the outfeed out of the way, forgot the shop vac hose was connected and wouldn't you know I broke the dust collection port on the saw.  Went looking for a replacement and prices and availability are all over the place.  So after this, closed up shop for the day.  

Been there!  Some days, you should just not be in the shop..

An old saying comes to mind...  "Some days you're the bug, and some days you're the windshield"..

Keep your chin up!  Tomorrow is another day!

• Like 1

I have had a long standing philosophy when it comes to bad things happening in the shop.  When things start to take an unwanted turn I think it is best just to turn the lights off and go back in the house.  Sometimes this may happen right off the bat and sometimes you may get most of the way through the day.

I a not saying the minute you make a mistake, go back inside but there are things that happen and you feel like you are really having to push to get through it, those are the times you just need to quietly back away, don't press you luck.

• Like 2

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

9 hours ago, Coop said:

Bryan, what planer do you have? If it’s the 735, I have a couple extra stainless screws I will send you? 

Coop, thanks for the offer, but I have the Dewalt 733.  I think they changed the screws to hold the blades.  When I need to change blades I will just go to the store and get the 2 screws I need.

• Like 1