Title of the document

Drill press/mortiser cart

Jamie

Did a quick little cabinet stand for the drill press and mortiser over the weekend. Took just over a sheet of 3/4 acx ply and used a few hardware parts I had laying around in the shop. Goal was to make a home for the mortiser and get it off my shaper. That has been its home for the past couple months since I got it. Also to get the drill bit storage next to the drill press. Which in turn frees up a drawer in the outfeed table to make room for table saw blades and accessories. The cart I am replacing was a $1 auction find that has more than earned it’s keep. Just didn’t look very good, it help my spindle sander and drill press since my old shop. B2D86642-803B-463A-B58B-7EB2F458E810.thumb.jpeg.89d61256780cc9200fc8e79c045e9cb8.jpeg

It’s a two sided cart with a couple drawers on the drill press side and one drawer on the mortiser side. The door opening holds my tenon cutting sled and spacers

7A883BA7-CC40-4E95-B158-92233A54EAAF.thumb.jpeg.9fefbedf6351a8feec778d21aa19635f.jpeg
074AB1B0-0A18-4A87-A821-ECFEEC8E6ECB.thumb.jpeg.376be7901187a33115007196d43fb227.jpeg

Did find a parts try that I had in a cabinet that I cut down to fit in one of the drill press drawers that holds quite a few of my mixture of drill bits. Didn’t get a picture of it but can if anyone is interested in seeing it. 

Did not bolt down either tool yet as I am waiting to see if they need to be positioned differently. 

• Like 6

Looks like it should do the trick for you.

Question where did you get the flexible light for the drill press and do you like it?

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

20 hours ago, Chet said:

Looks like it should do the trick for you.

Question where did you get the flexible light for the drill press and do you like it?

Thanks!

The light actually came on the drill press, it also has a laser on it. Thing is neither one of them has ever worked. It has a spot for batteries to run them and have tried a few times to get them to turn on. No luck.