Title of the document

Small Rant

Kev

I'll start with apologies!  I don't lump the folks here into this category but, I find it flooding my social media lately and I just want to vent.

If you can't afford brand X, please don't post in your social media that you want brand X but only if it's a screaming deal because you can't afford brand X!  I get it!  Everyone wants a good deal on whatever they purchase but, my social media feed is getting stupid with people looking for free stuff!

Stepping off of my soap box now and resuming normal posting..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have shut down all social media with the exception of Instagram, and there I follow family and woodworkers only.

Social media has given people the opportunity to speak without the requirement of a brain being involve.

• Like 3

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

26 minutes ago, Coop said:

My only social media is the morning paper.

I am real close to that.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

6 hours ago, Chet said:

I have shut down all social media with the exception of Instagram, and there I follow family and woodworkers only.

Social media has given people the opportunity to speak without the requirement of a brain being involve.

I'm right there with you Chet!! 

I tell my kids on Instagram I follow woodworkers and stalk them ?  

Edited by pkinneb
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Kev said:

I'll start with apologies!  I don't lump the folks here into this category but, I find it flooding my social media lately and I just want to vent.

If you can't afford brand X, please don't post in your social media that you want brand X but only if it's a screaming deal because you can't afford brand X!  I get it!  Everyone wants a good deal on whatever they purchase but, my social media feed is getting stupid with people looking for free stuff!

Stepping off of my soap box now and resuming normal posting..

I always find this amusing as well. I mean do people really think that when I was 25 with 3 kids under 3 I could really afford Festool, Lie Nielsen, etc heck no but I still made a lot of things. Having said that i'm not 25 anymore have my shop pretty much where I want it and if I want to buy $500 router or plane, well I do and I for one don't feel a bit guilty about it ?

• Like 6