Title of the document

Late Christmas Gift

Chet

By the time we came up with the idea to build this small turntable stand/record cabinet as a Christmas gift, it was too late to get it done by Christmas.  But as it turns out that was a good thing because when we gave my son in law a gift wrapped scrap of wood and told him what it represented, he asked if he could observe to whole build process. 

I was more than happy to have him in the shop but it did add a few twists to the process.  It's a little bit of a challenge to do all you thinking plotting and planning out load.  The other thing, it has been a long time since I worked on a project where my work time was dictated by days off, his not mine.  He was surprised to find out that the only mechanical fasteners were six screws and six figure 8's to hold the top on.

Made from Cherry, here're a couple of pictures.

IMG_1133.thumb.JPG.d0806137a000c091c3a6b0e0b3903778.JPG

IMG_1134.thumb.JPG.768de6cdf3a168db85977bf55098bb27.JPG

• Like 4

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

5 minutes ago, Coop said:

And let me guess, shellac as a finish?

Correct.  I coat of Ruby shellac, one pound cut and the top coat was Emtech Conversion Varnish.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus