Title of the document

Graduations

Chet

Like most of the country the kids around here got screwed out of the graduations.  A lot of the families decorated the front yards with posters and banners telling the world their kids graduated, there are four houses on our block and it looks pretty cool.

But one of the best I have seen is right next door and I couldn't resist taking picture.  Lights don't show up real well because it was still pretty bright out when I took the picture.  I stood next to it and I would guess they are about 4 feet tall

IMG_2003.thumb.jpg.954cdf77d0f6119a4c595b54108715dc.jpg

• Like 3

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

That is a proud parent! 

Around her they did a graduate parade. The school district that I live in is made up of 5 small towns, actually the same high school that I went to. Since the kids didn’t have anyone able to attend commencements they did a drive through of all the five towns with the fire department leading the way. Each kid was in a car with their parents, as they drove through citizens lined the streets and had signs and cheered. Was actually pretty neat deal. Lot of people said they should do it every year. Think COVID has started a new tradition in our community. 

• Like 2

I picked up my son's 8th grade diploma today.  I drove my car up to a table, they dropped an envelope on the front seat and drove away.  It was earth shattering.  For the high school they gave a sign to all the kids for the front yard.  Then last night they had a sound off to seniors.  The fire and police department drove around town with sirens and lights and then people honked or clapped.  A parade would have been better.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

ERMMM graduated from what? The only place we have graduation ceremonies down under is when you get your degree at University? And no body does stuff like that.

On the other hand people are starting to do more outrageous stuff for Halloween and Xmass like putting lights all over their houses and other crap. Even had a kid or two show up once trick and treating. I showed them a trick, it was a disappearing act. I shut the door and walked away  when I checked through the window they'd left and they never came back. I do the same sort of thing with Mormans and Jehovah Witnesses. Now that just leave me letters in my letter box.

AH....just read Jamies comments. . . "SCHOOL Graduation" Really. . .why do you guys celebrate leaving school? Over here it's a complete non event. You do your end of year exams and go home. End of story then a couple of months later you get your results. And unlike when I was at school which was either A B C Pass or fail D E F, its now PASS A to F.

EVERYONE'S A WINNER.

\o/