Title of the document

Laguna 24/36 Lathe

Kev

4 hours ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Congrats, looks right at home!  Can you turn outboard with the Laguna?

Yes, the head stock can be reversed or run off the other end.  There's also a 20" extension bed that can be bolted onto either end as well which would really extend the machine if needed. 

• Thanks 1

Had a great day in the shop with Richard P.!  Can't thank him enough for coming up to the shop today to break in the new lathe!  

image.thumb.jpeg.880389b516d9740a367145a8761a1727.jpeg

We definitely made a mess but, it was well worth it!  We turned quite a few small things and got to test drive this lathe pretty good.  Got to use my new Nova 2" chuck as well as test drive the drill chuck that I've had for quite a while.  Everything worked flawlessly!  We even got to test drive some of the Ashley Harwood turning tools that were an absolute pleasure to use!

image.thumb.jpeg.ce472803ef837eaa2fe2850bead1de7a.jpeg

These are a couple of the items that stayed behind with me but, he also took a couple items home that I didn't get pictures of before he left..  A cheese slicer and a pepper mill.  His pepper mills are awesome!

These 2 items above were turned from some left over scrap from the bed build.  I had lots of 8/4 cherry on hand so, was some good practice stuff.  Richard brought a couple of glued up blanks and those were the items that went home with him.  I'm trying to talk him into joining this group to add to our (nearly nonexistent) turning group.  If he does, I'm sure he'll add those pieces to this thread.

Richard showed up with a whole bucket full of cool stuff for the lathe!  From his own turning tools to several chucks to use on my lathe.  I learned a lot!  For starters, I learned that there's still quite a few tools I need to add to the arsenal but, I've got a good start!  Secondly, I learned that I have a lot more to learn!  Was an absolute pleasure to bring a pro into the shop and see a master at work!

Now as a rookie should, I'll head out and clean up the mess.  Small price to pay for an awesome lesson!

• Like 4

Got the mess cleaned up today and the lights installed..  Doing the few turnings we did made me realize I need some additional tool storage!  Will probably create a new thread for that..  May work on some designs while gone for work..

image.thumb.jpeg.39466adabba90e0caaaadc8694f279c5.jpeg

• Like 1