Title of the document

Jointer Accessories

Kev

Obviously, there's not a lot of accessories that go with a jointer..  I have a set of paddles (which I dislike) and a push pad with a heal on it that I do like.  After that, the only other things I need to store is a couple of different sized blade guards.

It seems a waste to build an entire cabinet to store just a few things but, it also seems a waste to have all that space and not do something with it..

Curious what everyone else is going for storing their jointer accessories?

Thanks in advance!

I only have to push pads so they just sit on the pork chop when I am not using the machine.

On another note, I use grout floats for push pads and really like them.  They look like this but with a plastic handle which felt nice in my hand then the wood like pictured

Grout Float

• Thanks 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

3 minutes ago, Chet said:

I only have to push pads so they just sit on the pork chop when I am not using the machine.

On another note, I use grout floats for push pads and really like them.  They look like this but with a plastic handle which felt nice in my hand then the wood like pictured

Grout Float

Thanks!  I'll have to look into the floats!

I don't have a pork chop on the Hammer, it's a euro..  So, I tend to set things on the end of the bed.  I've knocked them off more times than I care to remember and cussed them a few times when hauling something heavy to the machine and realizing they're in the way when I get there..

10 minutes ago, Coop said:

I’m thinking a holder like you keep your sanding blocks on if your pads are rectangular like mine. I’ve been planning on building one for some time now. But that still leaves your blade guards. 

Yea, considering all option..  Looking forward to seeing what @Woodenskye (Bryan) is doing..  I could potentially attach something to the back side of the fence without creating any new holes in the base of the planer..

3 hours ago, Kev said:

Yea, considering all option..  Looking forward to seeing what @Woodenskye (Bryan) is doing..  I could potentially attach something to the back side of the fence without creating any new holes in the base of the planer..

Mine were built into the machine, on the let’s call it the base, there was 2 cutouts in the metal that fit the profiles of the handles of the push pads.  Not something I designed.  If I had your machine, I would try to find a way to mount magnetically to the base/cabinet and have some sort of articulates above the table if you didn’t want to store below. You could drill into the cabinet instead of magnets, but I wouldn’t be happy doing that.  If I had any skills in sketch up I would draw you a picture if this wasn’t clear.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone!  I was definitely over thinking this one!

My fence is perfect for mounting something to so, that's what I did. Just some T-Track hardware from my jig drawer.   Then, I verified that the fence stayed accurate with everything on it.  It's just not much weight but, it stored the items I wanted to store there.

I moved the push paddles to a drawer at the table saw since I tend to use them more there anyway.  I may look into @Chet's suggestion to add to the jointer but, I'll worry about that storage in the future..

image.thumb.jpeg.8b530db5cd2e1bdc2d0b8fcb112bd8ba.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.de12e9048cae3b8ffa46bd7a20e0dd06.jpeg 

• Like 3