Title of the document

Tool Box

Chet

This has been on my list of things I wanted to build for a long time.  I started it back in April sometime but because of some medical issues here in the household I have only been able to work on it in bits and starts, but finally finished it yesterday.  It's made from white oak, the hardware was purchased from Gerstner & Sons.  The tool chest that this now sits on I finished late last year.  I wanted it to be more robust because of some of the tools that it would hold so it is made out of baltic birch plywood and has mechanical drawer glides.

Just some of the pictures I took along the way.

IMG_0957.thumb.JPG.d583d95ed18fd68fe5f74d2343e033ee.JPG

IMG_0962.thumb.JPG.7b89852912f3fd86040fc507d29b20f1.JPG

IMG_0966.thumb.JPG.db82c0e4e753a45d25f2087a33a9c42e.JPG

IMG_0971.thumb.JPG.914a54d3ae3876d516a655d145e33bdd.JPG

IMG_0973.thumb.JPG.9c20abc71ab8e8fb8cda661769d83171.JPG

IMG_0974.thumb.JPG.bb7d8ea0751d625b6a1c4a8ff71ff2c1.JPG

• Like 3

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

The finish is General Finishes High Performance.  It was close, I had just a little  left in the can, about a 1/4" in the bottom.  I was letting my supply run down because I want to give Target Coatings WB Conversion Varnish a try.

Kathy is having some on going challenges after the hip surgery on her other hip.  At this point she doesn't have any feeling in her foot which is make the physical therapy a slow process.  We saw her surgeon last week and after conferring with the neurologist they believe she has a pinched nerve somewhere between her lower back and lower leg.  We are going for an MRI next Wednesday.  

• Like 3

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

9 hours ago, Chet said:

The finish is General Finishes High Performance.  It was close, I had just a little  left in the can, about a 1/4" in the bottom.  I was letting my supply run down because I want to give Target Coatings WB Conversion Varnish a try.

Kathy is having some on going challenges after the hip surgery on her other hip.  At this point she doesn't have any feeling in her foot which is make the physical therapy a slow process.  We saw her surgeon last week and after conferring with the neurologist they believe she has a pinched nerve somewhere between her lower back and lower leg.  We are going for an MRI next Wednesday.  

I hope she gets the relief, I know what she is going through.  I was having numbness and pain in my feet and when finally got imaging done, revealed a slight spine curvature and 3 back fractures.  I’m not doing surgery, but did get injections and I got an infection in my leg and made everything worse, basically couldn’t walk for a month.