Title of the document

Veritas Flip Stop

Kev

Thought I'd share this with you guys..  

I recently purchased the Veritas flip stop.  I prefer flip stops because of their versatility. The really nice thing about these flip stops is that they don't have the normal deflection of most flip stops.

Check them out at Lee Valley.  For what it's worth, I used this during the nightstands build and they worked great!

image.thumb.jpeg.4167f879561e35dcc9f6f4c040b344ef.jpeg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Thats an interesting design.  What stop were you using before?

I have a few different stops that I've tried over the years..

• Rockler Flip Stop - Had to be adapted to fit the rails at my miter station - This one is still in the shop since it works.
  • Katz Moses - Not a flip stop and didn't adjust to the bottom of my rails so thin material would pass under - I rarely use these.
  • Home made stops - again, not flip so, had to be constantly removed - Most of these have been relegated to jigs and fixtures.
  • A couple different Chinese knock offs that are all broken and gone - cheap garbage
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kev said:

I have a few different stops that I've tried over the years..

• Rockler Flip Stop - Had to be adapted to fit the rails at my miter station - This one is still in the shop since it works.
  • Katz Moses - Not a flip stop and didn't adjust to the bottom of my rails so thin material would pass under - I rarely use these.
  • Home made stops - again, not flip so, had to be constantly removed - Most of these have been relegated to jigs and fixtures.
  • A couple different Chinese knock offs that are all broken and gone - cheap garbage

curious how you liked the Katz Moses and why you rarely use it? I hear good things about it, but never bought one

14 minutes ago, Bushwacked said:

curious how you liked the Katz Moses and why you rarely use it? I hear good things about it, but never bought one

There's a few things..

• They're not a flip stop
  • They don't fit my rails good so, small parts slip under
  • I don't think they're actually made by him..  I see that Bourbon Moth has the same ones now..  This isn't a huge deal but, he's marketed them as his and now maybe they really aren't?  I don't know the story on them..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coop said:

I see that Katz does this on several of”his” products. One is the ts blades that I recently purchased but really do like. Did you use this on your miter saw bench and what is the length? 

The Katz ones are adjustable height but, my needs fall in-between his settings..  My rails are 3" and the setting on the Katz stop has it at 2.75".  So, 1/4" material slides under them.

19 minutes ago, Coop said:

I see. So the rails are universal and not included with his stop? 

"The rails" are the fences on my miter saw station..  Same as the pic above with the Veritas flip stop.  Neither come with rails or fences.