Title of the document

New guy from Ohio

Muttley000

Hi all!  My name is Matt Bowers.  I’ve been in a shop for 40+ years learning from my grandpa and father when I was a kid, going through shop class in school, in my own shop since 1990, and now as a side business doing a half dozen or so projects a year.  Came from YouTube to check out some Festool rail mounts, and hope to both contribute and learn!

• Like 2

Welcome Matt!  Happy to have you aboard and looking forward to seeing your projects!  Hope you have some fun here with this great bunch of woodworkers!

@Chet he's looking for the brackets you designed for the garage door.  I can ask my wife to grab the measurements since I'm out of town but, thought you might be able to snag them quicker.  I thought I drew them and added them to the plans but, I'll be darned if I can find them.  Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Coop said:

Hey Matt! Welcome to the forum. And yeah, when you settle in, show us some of your projects. We’re all eager to learn. 

4 hours ago, Chet said:

Welcome to the forums Matt.

Thank you both!  I’ll have to get some pictures around, although I am terrible about documenting properly.  I do have some poorly made videos of my shop out there.  Am I breaking any rules mentioning the channel name here?

11 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Thank you both!  I’ll have to get some pictures around, although I am terrible about documenting properly.  I do have some poorly made videos of my shop out there.  Am I breaking any rules mentioning the channel name here?

Nope.. Post away!

On 1/11/2023 at 8:44 PM, Muttley000 said:

Ok Thanks!  The channel name is Bowers Custom Woodworking, LLC.  Like I say they are less than awesome, but it will give you an idea of the space I work in.  I’m waiting on a dust collector to do another update.  

Welcome!  Will have to check out your channel!  What are you thinking for a dust collector?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 1:48 PM, Jamie said:

Welcome!  Will have to check out your channel!  What are you thinking for a dust collector?

Sorry for the delay.  I am also back in school and the semester started this week which severely limits my online time!  

I am going with the Oneida dust gorilla pro, so I am set for a CNC to be running in the background while I am milling solid parts.  Still working on ducting and trying to keep it near the cost of the machine itself 😳

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 5:51 AM, Muttley000 said:

Sorry for the delay.  I am also back in school and the semester started this week which severely limits my online time!  

I am going with the Oneida dust gorilla pro, so I am set for a CNC to be running in the background while I am milling solid parts.  Still working on ducting and trying to keep it near the cost of the machine itself 😳

Awesome!  I am currently shopping for a new dust collector as well.  Have been leaning more towards the clearview.

Here is a link to the channel guys

https://youtube.com/@bowerscustomwoodworkingllc

On 1/23/2023 at 8:12 PM, Coop said:

@Muttley000, I watched your last (12-22) you tube video. Nice work and shop. I did not find a vid prior to it that could tell me what you are building. What is the 2x2 that rises from the top? 

hi coop, I’m embarrassed to say I haven’t uploaded since October 22 so I am afraid that wasn’t my video.  I did make a small piece for my wife in oak that had a 2x2 that was one of the back legs raising up an extra 3 feet or so for some coat hooks.  Could that be what you were seeing?

• Thanks 1