Title of the document

New member - North Carolina

TDeal

Thank you for membership, and the forum. I'm enjoying a little more woodworking here in North Carolina since retiring from GE after 37 years. I actually started woodworking back in 1975 after my Dad gave me a radial saw for Christmas 1974. He was a very good woodworker working out of a very small basement shop specializing in grandfather, wall (schoolhouse), mantle (carriage and Eli Terry) clocks, but he also managed to turn a couple of bedroom suits out of that tiny shop. He worked for Southern Railway and eventually the Brotherhood of Railway Carmen, so he did a lot of traveling and sold to or gave away a lot of his (and my) clocks to acquaintances he made across the country.

I made my first grandfather clock in 1975 followed by several that were sold or given away. Kids came along, my Dad died and my woodworking took a backseat. In 2006 I built a small shop and have spent more time in it since retiring in 2013. I continue to learn from websites such as Kev's and from other woodworkers. Although I prefer small projects like bandsaw boxes, Scrollsaw work, turned twig pots, etc. I occasionally do larger work. I'm currently working on a coffee table, end table and (soon) a farmhouse style dining table for my son who just moved into a new house. (Both our sons are in law enforcement).

I look forward to learning and sharing - thanks again! 

Headshot.jpg

IMG_6495.JPG

IMG_3344 2.JPG

IMG_1758.JPG

Edited by TDeal
Added pictures
  • Like 1