Title of the document

Hello from Augusta, GA~!

AndyMB

Hi all~!  I joined Kev's forum tonight and am very interested to learn from fellow sawdust enthusiasts and to share with all of you.  I took a shop class in high school, but didn't really get into woodworking until living in northern Virginia at my second duty assignment.  It's been a love affair with wood since then.  I've been retired from the Army for 15yrs now and finally have a shop instead of a shed.  I'll fully retire (again) in 33 months and am super excited to really crank up my output.

We've been in Augusta, GA, since 1999 when we were stationed here at Fort Gordon.  I'm originally from Miami, FL, but did most of my growing up in Chattanooga, TN.  When I'm not in the shop turning beautiful wood into waste for my dust collector, I can probably be found on a disc golf course with my son or planning another trip to the Gulf.  I never lost my beach bum genes~!

I'm looking forward to digging thru all of the forum topics~!

Edited by AndyMB
Add'l info...
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Welcome.  When you booking the trip to Augusta National?

We've played the ticket lottery and have been to the Masters a few times, but nothing for this year though.  I've worked there during the tournament as well.  It's a beautiful place when all in bloom and it's cool to be able to meet the golfers and some of the attending celebs.  It's amazing how the National has grown since we've been here as they spread into surrounding business properties that they buy out.

1 hour ago, Kev said:

Welcome to the forums!  Looking forward to seeing your work!

Thanks, Kev~!  I'll be digging thru my pics to see which ones are "worthy" of posting.  I've already seen some beautiful work by other forum members.

4 hours ago, AndyMB said:

We've played the ticket lottery and have been to the Masters a few times, but nothing for this year though.  I've worked there during the tournament as well.  It's a beautiful place when all in bloom and it's cool to be able to meet the golfers and some of the attending celebs.  It's amazing how the National has grown since we've been here as they spread into surrounding business properties that they buy out.

I got tickets once but unfortunately couldn’t go. 

8 hours ago, AndyMB said:

Thanks, Kev~!  I'll be digging thru my pics to see which ones are "worthy" of posting.  I've already seen some beautiful work by other forum members.

I'm sure they're all worthy..  We try really hard to make any "criticism" here constructive so that we all learn from each other's mistakes and misfortunes.

• Like 1