Laguna Drill Press?

Kev

I was just checking my normal mail and stuff this morning and came across this picture..  No mention of where the picture was taken or any info on it.  I went to Laguna's website and it's not listed there either.  I dropped them a note seeking information but, thought I'd reach out here to see if anyone has seen or heard anything?

image.thumb.jpeg.86ea8e17bff635867f4d0abf45a6aede.jpeg

I didn't think laguna made drill presses any more.

Hope you didn't open an email that you shouldn't have.😵

• Haha 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

1 hour ago, Chet said:

I didn't think laguna made drill presses any more.

Hope you didn't open an email that you shouldn't have.😵

I stole the picture from a woodworking group on FB.

They did respond to my note and told me that they haven't actually launched it yet but, that it was coming.  I've asked for an estimated launch date.  My drill press is the last tool in the shop that I want to upgrade before I retire.

No clue on pricing yet but, I would assume it will be in the ball park with the Nova or 18" PM models just to be competitive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

My drill press is the only floor standing tool from my original shop 30+ years ago 🙂

I like the Nova but really don't want to remake my table or cart the base sits on so I just look LOL

My DP is the only original tool from my shop as well.  My table has been great and I have not complaints but, I need to replace the DP before I retire.

If I were going to make the purchase today, it would probably be the Nova.  There's only a few legitimate options really and I refuse to buy another Powermatic tool.

I was just excited that there might be another option soon!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Agreed competition is always good

Please share your research if/ when you do purchase as I will probably upgrade mine before I retire as well 🙂 

Absolutely..  They have not yet responded with a projected release date yet..  I'll update this thread when I get more information.

• Thanks 1

Finally got a response from them, pasted below..

What I found out is that it is now going to be named DP:20 and the official launch will be 10/15. This will be a dealer exclusive Item as most of our classical machines are.

• Like 1