Title of the document

Chet's Famous Track Saw Rail Brackets

Kev

Just now, Jamie said:

That is a great idea @Chet 

@Kev I’ve seen quite a few of your videos and don’t ever recall seeing you use your drum sander. I realize this is a shop project but when you mentioned that you milled the material before filming just curious if your drum sander ever comes into plan when milling?

Absolutely!

It's a hard tool to film as I feed into one side and then have to cross in front of the camera for the OF side..  I use it on nearly every project!  The floating M&T video, I used it to sneak up on the fit of the tenons.

If you go all the way back to my second video, @Chet and I used his drum sander to do the actual milling because he didn't have anything wide enough to do the milling of that slab.

So...  Long story short, the drum sander get's used a lot in my shop! 

• Like 1

@Kev gonna have to figure out a new angle for the camera! ?

Do you typically change grits when using? Reason I ask is I usually leave 150 grit in mine and use it mostly for sanding edges of boards, an example being face frame parts before I put them together. I find it a pain to switch grits all the time. Would love to find a used 37” double drum. 

23 minutes ago, Jamie said:

@Kev gonna have to figure out a new angle for the camera! ?

Do you typically change grits when using? Reason I ask is I usually leave 150 grit in mine and use it mostly for sanding edges of boards, an example being face frame parts before I put them together. I find it a pain to switch grits all the time. Would love to find a used 37” double drum. 

I'd have to change the location of the machine or build a new shop...lol

I don't change grits usually..  I typically run 120 on it.  I really try to be "religious" about cleaning the paper between passes even for small parts.  I just find that the paper lasts longer this way.

• 2 years later...
Just now, Muttley000 said:

Simple and effective!  My long rail is longer than my garage door is wide, so I’m going to have to find some wall space!

Yes, I have a long rail as well but, obviously, I had the 2 shorter rails as well.  My long rail still lives on top of my cabinets above my miter station..

1 minute ago, Muttley000 said:

Simple and effective!  My long rail is longer than my garage door is wide, so I’m going to have to find some wall space!

Yes sir!  Nice forum you have set up here BTW!

Thanks!  I find it a great place to really discuss woodworking ideas without a lot of drama and BS.  It's a real tribute to the members because it's them that makes this place great!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Coop said:

Kev, what is the rectangular item right above this on your wall? Apologies if this was covered in one of your shop tours. 

That's the fold down computer table.  You can see it in this year's shop tour.