Title of the document

Change in Clamp Wall

Kev

2 hours ago, Coop said:

Kev, what is the purpose of the fourth vertical piece from the left, including the side and why is it 1” shy of the piece to the left of it? 

That's the pull out for the F-Clamps just set in the case.  

We finished the edge banding and case assembly today!  Also test fit the hose real and drilled the hole for the air hose.  Pretty happy so far but, not looking forward to picking this one up to get it off of the bench! @Coop, I left that pull out set in there again.  I might get that mounted tomorrow.

image.thumb.jpeg.512e711296c8e38e627a7f3aa5d39f89.jpeg

Our company is leaving tomorrow and heading for home in Louisiana so, I should be able to get after this one!

I'll probably work on the systainer bay next. I need to create the walnut fronts to match the other cabinets and get the trays installed.  From there, I'll probably install the hose reel, install the vertical pull out, and get going on the drawers.

Still a lot on my "honeydo" list since getting home but, I did find some shop time today..

Got the systainer trays installed with their fronts..  Not a lot of work but, at least it was progress..

image.thumb.jpeg.ab6b662029ac00101f174cdcf5243dec.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Coop said:

Where will the compressor that feeds the reel live? Sorry if you’ve already mentioned it. 

It will live on the left side of the cabinet near the 14" bandsaw.  I wanted the ability to move it incase I needed it in the garage or something like that.

• Like 1

Worked on the clamp pull out today..  

image.thumb.jpeg.c80c54bc0958a2595fc183456f037db1.jpeg

Works really well!  I used 4 slides just because of the weight.

image.thumb.jpeg.97aa6b6955e13b618d7de80749d02171.jpeg

If there's going to be a weak point, it will be the handle that I added to pull it out.  It's set into the panel with epoxy so, we'll see how it holds up.

I also realized a little more real-estate in this bay that I can use but, more on that tomorrow..

• Like 2

Knocking off a little early today and just enjoying some down time..  I did get quite a bit done though!

• First drawer is in
  • Woodpeckers Square Clamps installed
  • Bandy Clamps installed 

Several drawers in my near future!

image.thumb.jpeg.fcd9ea375f55e7368b2046e3fddebe59.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4b5437c854251a9bb1f70d10d6ed426e.jpeg

Who's gonna come help me lift this thing off of the bench? 😅

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bushwacked said:

dang, this is looking good! 

What hose reel is that?

I think it's a Grizzly..  That was something donated to my shop by my dad before he passed.  We never really discussed where it came from but, judging by the color, I think it's a good guess..  Also, we had a local Grizzly store when I was in WA so, didn't have to order their stuff on line.  I do know it's heavy!

• Like 1

A little later night tonight!  My son will be here tomorrow afternoon and I will need his help to get this thing to the floor!  

So, I stayed at it a bit and got all the drawers made/installed and a coat of ARS on it

image.thumb.jpeg.8073bb2cd40d73219b5adef4702cb11e.jpeg

Still a lot to do!

• Install the hose reel
  • Build the base
  • Install the hardboard top
  • Install the power units
  • Secure it in its final home
  • Organize the drawers

And, of course, all that has to be video'd 

• Like 2

Getting this one finished up today!

I only did some organization in one drawer.  Going to live with this for a few projects and see how it works in to figure out what I want where.

image.thumb.jpeg.a59dc617caafc2a18af7ddef5f686e32.jpeg

Now I'm just finishing up the video editing and creating the thumbnail for the video..

image.thumb.jpeg.2f9694dd0c03a08059cdb8f507ef50ea.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Coop said:

That’s a bunch of space to reach over to access the clamps! 

Nope..  Clamps are super easy to get even the shortest ones.

Now, adding 8" to the Roubo is a little different because items are higher but, with the bars on the clamps being lower, it's just not an issue here.

12 minutes ago, Bushwacked said:

Kev when does the professional model gig kick off? :classic_biggrin:

I was curious how easy it would be to reach over as well, but it didnt look too deep.

The only modeling this guy will be doing is modeling the next project 🤣

Yea, I definitely tested it before going ahead with the project.  

6 minutes ago, Coop said:

Kev, is that banded ply below the hardboard top? Did you glue and screw the hardboard or just screws?

Yes, just edge banded plywood since it's shop furniture.  Just screws on the hardboard so that it's replaceable if needed.

• 1 month later...

Hey bud, very well done. I have to admit that I almost didn’t watch the video as I had followed the thread. I’m glad now that I did as I picked up some neat stuff that I didn’t previously. Well worth the time to purse both. I have no intention of building something like but found items that will help on future projects. This was a very well thought out project. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Coop said:

Hey bud, very well done. I have to admit that I almost didn’t watch the video as I had followed the thread. I’m glad now that I did as I picked up some neat stuff that I didn’t previously. Well worth the time to purse both. I have no intention of building something like but found items that will help on future projects. This was a very well thought out project. 

Thanks @Coop!