Medallions

Kev

I'm going to give these a try for my commissioned pieces moving forward.  They look expensive on their pricing page but, when you break it down, they're less than $9.00 per medallion.  Plus, I don't build so many commissioned pieces that I'll be going through them quickly.

image.thumb.jpeg.685fd4c8d6a17c7a94c5fc08a3bd3ffc.jpeg

These are the anodized aluminum option - https://www.medallionmakerbranding.com

I placed the order on a Sunday and they actually responded in less than an hour with some logo options for me to choose from just for a better look.  I then got the actual shipping notice late Sunday and they took about a week to arrive.  So, really good customer service!

I did order the template with them but, a Forstner bit should work just as well.

• Like 1

Cool! The algorithms of the internet must think I need these because I see adds for them all the time. I see some YouTubers using them and they sure look cool! 

I actually had an idea of coming up with my own design that’s personal to me to put in my leg vise chop as a neat touch but I’m sure you probably have to buy in quantities and not just one. Do you just send them an image or do you need a specific graphic file type? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Olie said:

Cool! The algorithms of the internet must think I need these because I see adds for them all the time. I see some YouTubers using them and they sure look cool! 

I actually had an idea of coming up with my own design that’s personal to me to put in my leg vise chop as a neat touch but I’m sure you probably have to buy in quantities and not just one. Do you just send them an image or do you need a specific graphic file type? 

I have a laser engraver and could technically make my own.  However, the cost is actually cheaper that I could produce them if I place a value on my time.

I think the minimum quantity is 10 and they may get even cheaper in larger quantities.

When use their online service, you submit what you want on your medallion.  From there, in less than an hour, they contacted me with 3 different versions of my logo so there wasn't as much blank space.  So, their design team actually helps you figure out what's best for you.  All at the same cost.

1 hour ago, Olie said:

I actually had an idea of coming up with my own design that’s personal to me to put in my leg vise chop as a neat touch but I’m sure you probably have to buy in quantities and not just one.

Check with awards shops in your area, places that do plaques and trophies.  They will do one of designs for you.  Or if you can take in your own artwork it will be cheaper.  I am not talking about a pencil drawing but something that was done on a computer that is some form of vector art.

• Like 2

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

That’s a neat deal. The bench I am building is a Matt Cremona project and he has his logo on his machines, like the outfeed and front of his planer and other places so that when he is videoing, you are constantly reminded who he is, in a pleasant way. May want to consider that as well? 

• Like 1