Couple New Toys for the Shop

Kev

As most of you know, I try and order a couple things for the shop while I'm gone for work..  Just a something I do for myself while I'm gone and get to enjoy when I get home..

This time, it was the Laguna DXIII Drift master fence for the 18" bandsaw.  I've got it installed and dialed in. Really looking forward to a test drive!  A lot of really nice features and an easy install!

image.thumb.jpeg.ab7b6765d76629d230ded37f46336c0b.jpeg

Through a high recommendation here on the forum, I also ordered the Galbert Caliper for use at the lathe.  I can certainly see where this will be very handy for duplicating parts!

image.thumb.jpeg.54dce2e772fe594c014b7913a1e7dad6.jpeg

I think there's a couple other little things that haven't arrived yet but, these were the big things on my list!

• Like 1

Not having a lathe, I googled the Gilbert Caliper to see how it operated. That’sa neat deal and I can see how it will come in handy. 
That WAS a short work trip! 

• Like 1

Just now, Coop said:

Not having a lathe, I googled the Gilbert Caliper to see how it operated. That’sa neat deal and I can see how it will come in handy. 
That WAS a short work trip! 

Yea, just a quick planning trip this time for a very large job that starts in August and ends in November..  Not looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to using the caliper!  Will mean I've found some time to get back on the lathe!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kev said:

Through a high recommendation here on the forum, I also ordered the Galbert Caliper for use at the lathe.  I can certainly see where this will be very handy for duplicating parts!

image.thumb.jpeg.54dce2e772fe594c014b7913a1e7dad6.jpeg

LOL well I really do like it!  The thre main reasons are it's very acurate, I only need one tool for multiple settings without adjustment, and it never loses its setting 🙂

...and hey I'm always up for helping others spend their hard earned cash LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2