Title of the document

Jessem Router Fence

Kev

I did manage to get a little shop time this afternoon and install the new Jessem Router Fence.  Looking forward to test driving this one!

Install was super easy and only took about 15 minutes.  Would be longer if you don't already have a Jessem top but, this unit will mount to other router tables.

Pros:

• Quick Install
  • Micro Adjustability
  • No tools required for operation
  • All metal hardware, no plastic.

Cons:

• Price point.  This one just isn't cheap!

So, looking forward to getting a few projects in on this when I get home again.  I did video it but, it's a pretty short video since everything for me was unbolt old and bolt on new.

Oh, the old fence is available if anyone wants it..

image.thumb.jpeg.f04c228f8dd30408240de8196e88abb8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fab3d559e10c6ddc0ab6d22c6d1ce25e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ff4011845ba75fc6896d08af2b16d043.jpeg

I did go out this morning and install the micro adjust for the other side of the fence.  This is an additional item and doesn't come with the fence.  I was hoping to use it on the last fence but, it wouldn't work.  So, it's been sitting in the shop for a bit..

image.thumb.jpeg.936941eb4694fe972f79f5b7d9315a99.jpeg

I've also ordered a DRO for it and will get that installed when I get home.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Coop said:

Now that’s sweet! Just fyi. And open to others. How often do you use the miter bar on the router table to justify a second micro adjustment. I’m about to learn something! 

I don't use a miter gauge at the router table all that often.  

I like the micro adjust because it will help me really sneak up on a fit.  I do a fair share of sliding dovetails so, the micro adjustment will come in super handy for those.  I can also see it coming in handy doing half laps or using panel sets at the router table as well.

There's more to come for this table when I get home..  I've ordered a few more things for it to help get things dialed in just right..

Admittedly, none of it is "mandatory" at the router table.  Just makes the experience a little nicer.

• Like 1

Micro adjust can also help you go back to a previous setting down the road if you have to redo a piece... at least on the Incra fence, I don't know about the Jessum.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

4 hours ago, Chet said:

Micro adjust can also help you go back to a previous setting down the road if you have to redo a piece... at least on the Incra fence, I don't know about the Jessum.

You are correct but, with this set up, that's only really possible with small adjustments.  With the fence being parallel and the scales actually locked in, it's much easier to get things really close and then dial it in with the micro adjust.

It's a really nice fence but, still doesn't have all the options that the Incra has.

I really shouldn't get a day off when stuck in a hotel room!  

I ordered a few more things for this table..  Digital height read out, some featherboards, and their new miter gauge..  

For the record, I didn't "need" any of it! 

As long as you remember that you have them and use them, you can justify. I have a few items that others had that I deemed necessary that I have never used that upset me. I guess, just part of the rabbit hole! 

• Like 1