Title of the document

Pantorouter Air Clamps

pkinneb

Got my Pantorouter air clamps installed. Fabricated an air connection as designed by Ramon Valdez.

IMG_0052.JPG.45977b873cfc283dbaeb51731b985e44.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG.ed55367dd43d2315ec623b377f49c8da.JPG

IMG_0054.thumb.JPG.647acf973b7938aafd6decb0409855a3.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG.52743068ca2c5f7d6658162780192dd6.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG.8874d8dd7cff61aedb7bfef74db2f9c7.JPG

IMG_0060.thumb.JPG.c1407a087d5079e745a9b4375eb29397.JPG

IMG_0066.thumb.JPG.6b95be893e0d87118ab9c92eee410cda.JPG

IMG_0067.thumb.JPG.9bea4d4e17a5ce715fef55fdf7ab2f08.JPG

IMG_0068.thumb.JPG.681b316102650dab7b0c850527655c22.JPG

I will post more of a review once I have a chance to use them, which I will be doing on a pair of pool table spectator chairs I have started, but I think they are going to be awesome for all the repeatable mortise and tenons I will be doing.

• Like 1

Kev like most tools there is almost always a cheaper way to do it and this isn't it 🙂

Having said that I used a Multi router at the MASW when I made my #1 chair and found it to be really good for slots/tenons on multiple parts. I have set of spectator chairs that I have started and a set of barstools on deck and decided this would be my chance to "have a reason" to get one. I have had it for a while and made some boxes etc with it but I found the manual clamps to be a bit slow and cumbersome so when I saw these air clamps (which I had used on the Multi router) I decided to get them. When you have multiples of the same thing the air clamps really speed things up. Like I say right now I cannot really justify the money I have into it but will report back on my thoughts after these chair builds and let you all know if my thoughts have changed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Kev like most tools there is almost always a cheaper way to do it and this isn't it 🙂

Having said that I used a Multi router at the MASW when I made my #1 chair and found it to be really good for slots/tenons on multiple parts. I have set of spectator chairs that I have started and a set of barstools on deck and decided this would be my chance to "have a reason" to get one. I have had it for a while and made some boxes etc with it but I found the manual clamps to be a bit slow and cumbersome so when I saw these air clamps (which I had used on the Multi router) I decided to get them. When you have multiples of the same thing the air clamps really speed things up. Like I say right now I cannot really justify the money I have into it but will report back on my thoughts after these chair builds and let you all know if my thoughts have changed.

Yea, it's a dual edged sword for me..  The domino isn't in many people's wheel house let alone the pantarouter so, doing the video stuff, I'm just nervous how much use it would get.  I think if I didn't still have a "day" job I'd have more time to use it and show alternative methods to offset the negative feedback.  The domino is becoming more and more excepted so not really an issue anymore..  This one the other hand....lol

1 hour ago, Kev said:

Yea, it's a dual edged sword for me..  The domino isn't in many people's wheel house let alone the pantarouter so, doing the video stuff, I'm just nervous how much use it would get.  I think if I didn't still have a "day" job I'd have more time to use it and show alternative methods to offset the negative feedback.  The domino is becoming more and more excepted so not really an issue anymore..  This one the other hand....lol

Yep totally get it! I see content creators get flamed for all kinds of stuff kinda cracks me up as it makes no sense to me. I have seen folks with very nice tools make junk and I have seen folks with crap tools make museum pieces. For me it really comes down to how much time/ money you have and whether you enjoy the task. In your case I suspect knowing your audience and what they want/ expect to see is probably #1.

I have always figured the price of tools into the project I am working on and this has allowed me to purchase many nice tools over the years, with the boss's approval. Having said that I am also getting close to the end of my working years so I am trying to knock any big ticket items off my list prior to retirement. This and my new lathe (if I ever get it) were two of those items.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pkinneb said:

I have always figured the price of tools into the project I am working on and this has allowed me to purchase many nice tools over the years, with the boss's approval. Having said that I am also getting close to the end of my working years so I am trying to knock any big ticket items off my list prior to retirement. This and my new lathe (if I ever get it) were two of those items.

I've done this for years as well..

• Like 1