Title of the document

Some General Construction

Kev

Last winter while I was gone for work, we had the motor go out on the heat pump for our house.  We were fortunate to be able to get somebody out quickly durning a MT snow storm and replace for us.  We've actually been using the same company for yearly servicing on both our units (one for the shop as well) since we moved here.

When he came out for the yearly servicing this year, I was actually home and got the chance to talk with him a bit.  He told me that between the harsh winter that we had as well as the pitch of our roof on that side of the house, he believe the motor froze up and then burned out.  He recommended a roof structure over the unit so that this didn't happen again in the future.

So, I'm not very far into it yet but, it is kind of nice to work a project again where close enough is good enough.. 🤣

Got the poles set today and will start on the actual framing tomorrow.

image.thumb.jpeg.b0a9edcce1fd40824253fe1674119be1.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Coop said:

Thanks. The most popular around here is Generac. I just need to determine how comfortable I want to be without power. And we have natural gas so won’t need gasoline. 

Mine is a Generac with the Gentran so it kicks in automatically.  It's run off of propane but, that's the only thing in my house that uses propane.  I wish I had access to natural gas as that would allow me to get rid of the tank in my yard.

It fires itself up once a week as a test to ensure everything is working properly and I barely hear it.

• Like 1

About all I'm doing for today to stay out of the heat..  I'll probably make a box store run to pick up the rest of the material and go at it again tomorrow morning..

image.thumb.jpeg.84f2d98912f6f45a0d4cdd4db6d8c627.jpeg

All framed in and ready for facia and roof material..  My "bird blocking" could have been a little better but, it's an open roof anyway.

Got a good early start today to beat the heat!  Got all the drip edges, roofing, and flashing installed!  Should be good to go for the winter!

Not fine furniture standards by any means!

image.thumb.jpeg.d2b89991ab730f3f38a381d4f08e3206.jpeg

Just some minor landscaping now!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Looks good.  Do you get a lot of wind driven rain or drifting snow?  I’m just thinking you could have similar issues if you do because of the exposed sides.

Yes, we do..  The biggest concern was the accumulation on the top..  We've talked about adding some removable lattice to the sides and front to help with that issue if needed.  I think we'll watch it a bit closer this winter and see how it does..

10 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

If the issue was on top, think you solved that.  Instead of lattice you could probably do some medium height shrubs.  

Yea, there's a few options we can look into if needed.  The important part is to make sure there's plenty of air flow around it.