Title of the document

Epoch Wood Sandpaper

Chet

I just saw this and thought I would pass it on.  I have been using Epoch two sided sandpaper for a long time.  It is rigid enough that you can get right to the inside corners of things or it keeps a crisp line when sanding a long an edge.  I use more of the 400 grit than the others, mainly for sanding between finish coat's.  I do use some 120 & 180 for prep work at times.

The guy that owns the company is moving over seas and Marc is taking over the company.  He has changed the name to Backside Sandpaper.

https://backsidesandpaper.com

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

49 minutes ago, Chet said:

I just saw this and thought I would pass it on.  I have been using Epoch two sided sandpaper for a long time.  It is rigid enough that you can get right to the inside corners of things or it keeps a crisp line when sanding a long an edge.  I use more of the 400 grit than the others, mainly for sanding between finish coat's.  I do use some 120 & 180 for prep work at times.

The guy that owns the company is moving over seas and Marc is taking over the company.  He has changed the name to Backside Sandpaper.

https://backsidesandpaper.com

Interesting..  

Between coats, I typically block sand with 400.  Are you using a block with it or just the paper?  If you're not using a block, any issues with "finger" marks or any of the usual little stuff that typically happens without a block?

Thanks for dropping it here!

No I don't block with it, each piece is 2 3/4" X 4 1/2", I use 400 also. That's one of the nice things is the 400 is probably as thick of stock as the lesser grits.  I haven't had any problems even on the media cabinet which was probably the most complex finish I have ever done.  It's pretty thick and stiff paper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

For those that haven't seen it, Marc (The Woodwisperer) has an Instagram post about this..

I need to figure out if/how this would work into the way I do things but, will probably place an order to see.

Thanks @Chet for the heads up!

There is going to be a variety pack available in the near future.  Its a matter of waiting for the new packaging to arrive.

• Thanks 1