Title of the document

Morgan's Bookshelf

Kev

I can't imagine that I did a project that I video'd and didn't create a thread on here about it.  Apparently, that's what I did???  

I actually built this just before Christmas as it was an item requested for Christmas.  It seems my granddaughter (Morgan) very quickly outgrew the 2 previous bookshelves so, needed another larger version for her growing library.

A fairly simple one day build and the video will be released on Saturday..  Designed to match the previous shelves that are currently hanging in her room.

image.thumb.jpeg.80813ce8fcb2ba0f85b25ce206e49d14.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jamie said:

I don’t know how you find the time to film and be in the shop! Thank you for all you do!

9 hours ago, Coop said:

+1

Thanks..  I do really enjoy it but, sometimes wish I had someone to do the filming for me!

3 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Precious little time to watch videos these days but was able to take this in last night.  Great work, and I enjoy the traditional joinery mixed with modern methods!

Thanks!  Fun build!

Hope you find some time soon!

Kev, another couple of questions as usual.

1) When you cut the dovetails in the sides, was the initial cut with the router using a straight cutting bit or with the dt bit itself? I tried to zoom in but couldn’t tell. I’ve never made these myself.

2) You mentioned that you set the height of your bit to 3/8”, the same as your ts blade. How are those two relevant? 

11 hours ago, Coop said:

Kev, another couple of questions as usual.

1) When you cut the dovetails in the sides, was the initial cut with the router using a straight cutting bit or with the dt bit itself? I tried to zoom in but couldn’t tell. I’ve never made these myself.

2) You mentioned that you set the height of your bit to 3/8”, the same as your ts blade. How are those two relevant? 

Your second question actually answered the first..  I did a poor job of explaining that well in the video.

I used the table saw (blade height at 3/8") to hog out the initial material and then the DT bit in the router table (bit height at 3/8") to finish the DT.

• Like 1